• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gordon Connelly

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
I read somewhere that Brechin City fans are having a collection to raise money for Gordon Connelly to have a back operation.

Shall we tell them they're wasting their money?

That's kind of them considering he plays for Berwick Rangers.
wink.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Nov. 06 2005,20:50)]I read somewhere that Brechin City fans are having a collection to raise money for Gordon Connelly to have a back operation.

Bit harsh, Kenny.

He did try and play football
wow.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Nov. 07 2005,00:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Nov. 06 2005,20:50)]I read somewhere that Brechin City fans are having a collection to raise money for Gordon Connelly to have a back operation.

Bit harsh, Kenny.

He did try and play football
wow.gif

wink.gif
I actually felt quite sorry for him. He was very young and miles away from home and family. It's not really a surprise he found it difficult to settle in Southend.

And yes, in that 45 minutes against Brighton (?) he proved how good he could be.

Good luck to him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Nov. 07 2005,09:01)]And yes, in that 45 minutes against Brighton (?) he proved how good he could be.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

In that 45 minutes against Brighton he proved merely the old adage that every dog has its day...

upside.gif

However, no one would wish a back injury on anyone. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Nov. 07 2005,10:32)]If you read on the operation is for the lazy git to get off his back.
My most hated Blue ever...

Everything I despised in a player....

Would give a penny to help him
mad.gif
mad.gif

Not surprised he has a back injury, he had people on his back the whole time he was at Roots Hall.

When I say people were on his back, I meant that a number of fans had made their mind up before they had seen him play that he was no good and was only being signed as he'd played for York. For these, pretty much everything he did was wrong and they were quick to criticise but if he did make a good pass they never bothered to praise it.

I may make critical comments regarding players, but I don't spend games shouting out abuse at our own players. If they are crap, do you really think it helps them to be reminded of it?

Fortuntately the boo boys have been silenced of late, although I fear they may return now that Griemink is back in goal. Bart will never be accepted by certain fans who had it in for him from the start (mainly because he wasn't Darryl).

Whenever a player pulls on a Southend shirt, I always want them to do well, regardless of whether I rate them or not.

Matt - as you know, I share your views 100% about supporting the players... I have never understood how it is in any way constructive to moan at a Southend player on the field of play (*).

However, I was just taking the opportunity to pull your leg about the legendary Mr. Dublin...

tounge.gif

(*As always, there is an exception that proves the rule - I once howled at Little to "take the f***ing useless donkey off" in reference to Neil Campbell... not one of my finer moments in a blue shirt. Having Campbell up front was not one of the club's finer moments either, mind...)

ghostface.gif

I am sure it's coz he had to carry the whole team on his shoulders time and time again!

tounge.gif

Joker. I had connelly on my shirt. He was my favourite player for ages
blues.gif

Back