• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gotta love this shirt

Inter Milan away 07/08

Other clearer pic

I wonder if this is what Nike had in store for the England shirt if the FA hadn't been blined by the £££s Umbro offered them to continue their "special partnership"?

Also, I see Fulham are the latest club to undertake a SUFC style kit deal with Nike Teamwear/Just Sport!

Last edited:
Fulhams kit is a weird one, not sure if i like it or not, I think it's one of those kits that grows on you, my mate thinks it is "the nuts", don't quite see how he can think then. Then again he is a very biased Fulham fan.

That Inter kit would have been a awesome England kit, looks a bit strange for an Italian club to have it. It says it has been specially designed for them. I would have thought an Italian flag design would have been more apt.

Also, is it just me, or do all Umbro kits appear the same, Rangers new kit looks just like West Hams new kit. These both look similar to swedens, which is identical to Englands old home kit (apart from the colour, badge etc)

I would prefer kits tailor made for a team, rather than the teamwear, would give teams more of an identity.

Last edited:
Fulhams kit is a weird one, not sure if i like it or not, I think it's one of those kits that grows on you, my mate thinks it is "the nuts", don't quite see how he can think then. Then again he is a very biased Fulham fan.

That Inter kit would have been a awesome England kit, looks a bit strange for an Italian club to have it. It says it has been specially designed for them. I would have thought an Italian flag design would have been more apt.

Well the St Georges Cross is a symbol of the city of Milan as St George is a patron saint of the city too (you can see the cross on AC Milan's badge).

The Fulham kit is quite smart but as with what we get it's straight out of the Teamwear catalogue (would be a nice SUFC away kit to be honest!), although I think in the flesh it looks worse as it's split half & half with different shades of white.

The fulham shirt is similar to Hollands home shirt as well isn't it. Too many kits are too similar now.

Also, is it just me, or do all Umbro kits appear the same, Rangers new kit looks just like West Hams new kit. These both look similar to swedens, which is identical to Englands old home kit (apart from the colour, badge etc)

I would prefer kits tailor made for a team, rather than the teamwear, would give teams more of an identity.

Yes, Umbro are going down the route of Nike & Adidas in having a consistent theme in their kits so they are equally recognisable. All part of "building the brand" I guess.

Not going to happen these days I don't think!

The fulham shirt is similar to Hollands home shirt as well isn't it. Too many kits are too similar now.

Yep, and it actually was Aberdeen's (another Just Sport partner) away kit last year too! The Holland shirt is the template although I don't think they have the two-tone effect in it.

I really like that Inter kit I think I might buy that!

I also like the way that Pirelli have agreed to take a lesser size for their sponsors logo as it's a special commemorative shirt!

Back