• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimper loz

First XI
Last night proved that Maher and Gower are incredibly important to us if we are going to stay up this season and last night proved this.

Without Gower we had no real creativity and threat down the lest and we really missed him last night. He always works hard for 90 minutes and still looks very dangerous even when we are chasing a lost cause and the rest of the teams heads have dropped. Jcr was brilliant last night but i think we missed Gower as the team seemed unbalanced without him last night.

Now i dont know what persuaded Tilly to start with Hunt in midfield last night as he SIMPLY CANNOT PLAY THERE! he doesnt get his foot in enough and he doesnt break play down like Maher. Two excellent chances fell at Hunty's feet last night and he didnt know what the hell to do and didnt seem to know where he was! Now i know Maher hasnt got the best of shots on him but i know who i would rather have had there to hit the ball! With Maher missing from the middle of the park, the Barnsley midfield totally over ran us and IMO Mc cormack looked completely lost without him. Last night definately showed how intergral a part of our team Maher and Gower really are.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper loz @ Nov. 29 2006,18:34)]Now i dont know what persuaded Tilly to start with Hunt in midfield
Who else was there?! If he had played Clarke there he would have been slated for that too !!

i would say gower is alot more replacable than maher though. on the radio it sounded like we had no centre midfielders playing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Nov. 29 2006,18:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper loz @ Nov. 29 2006,18:34)]Now i dont know what persuaded Tilly to start with Hunt in midfield
Who else was there?!  If he had played Clarke there he would have been slated for that too !!
Yes but Hunt has only just come back from injury and to throw him into central midfield (where he doesnt even play) in a relegation 6 pointer was a clueless decision. I know Clarke isnt a central midfielder either but he would have been better than Hunt. I think i would have preferred him to even give Moussa a go! What would be the harm in that?! sure he's unproven but we know he's a good talent so why not give him a chance when we were clearly down to the bare bones last night!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper loz @ Nov. 29 2006,18:34)]i think we missed Gower as the team seemed unbalanced without him last night.
I'm not disagreeing that Gower was missed but to say we were unbalanced is a funny statement when Gower's right-footed but is played left wing whilst his replacement last night Mitch is LEFT-footed!!!!!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Nov. 29 2006,19:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper loz @ Nov. 29 2006,18:34)]i think we missed Gower as the team seemed unbalanced without him last night.
I'm not disagreeing that Gower was missed but to say we were unbalanced is a funny statement when Gower's right-footed but is played left wing whilst his replacement last night Mitch is LEFT-footed!!!!!  
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Good point! But i meant we wer unbalanced because Cole did NOTHING all game apart from one run in the first half. Towards the end of the game, Jcr was working both flanks and seemed to be doing all the running for the WHOLE of our midfield. Why he got taken off, and how he got a worse rating than cole in the Echo today is completely beyond me!

Back