• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gower banned

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
He gets a 2 match ban and £250 fine and costs following the sending off v Swansea.

No idea when ban is effective from - I hope this season as we can them get him in for surgery early and he will hopefully be fully fit for next year.

Eh?!

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
He gets a 2 match ban and £250 fine and costs following the sending off v Swansea.He gets a 2 match ban and £250 fine and costs following the sending off v Swansea.

If that's Swansea away your talking about, he's had his ban along with Smith and McSweeney.

rock.gif

the final quote saying that he will use the time to have an operation and then get fit for pre season would suggest that the ban will take effect immediately.

It was back in November. Strange. Tuesday could have been the last time we saw Mr Gower in a Southend shirt (contraversial ... but topical!)

Kev

rock.gif
biggrin.gif

I wonder if the ban takes effect immediately or if it is the usual 8 days - in which case he may play Saturday and then miss Rochdale and Torquay

didnt he have a slight injury when the others served there suspension and he infact did not serve his suspension he just missed a few games through injury...

I think one of two things has happened here;
1) We appealed the suspension, something I didn't think could be done for a two caution offence and ended up getting a two game ban. Gower was injured when the original suspension took place
or 2) Depsite Gower being send off for two cautions the officials decided to report him also for 'Foul and/or abusive language or gestures.' Therefore he received his 1 match ban for 2 yellow cards but also received a further two match ban for what made up to be a three match ban for 'Foul and/or abusive language or gestures.'

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ April 21 2004,23:14)]I think one of two things has happened here;
1) We appealed the suspension, something I didn't think could be done for a two caution offence and ended up getting a two game ban. Gower was injured when the original suspension took place
or 2) Depsite Gower being send off for two cautions the officials decided to report him also for 'Foul and/or abusive language or gestures.' Therefore he received his 1 match ban for 2 yellow cards but also received a further two match ban for what made up to be a three match ban for 'Foul and/or abusive language or gestures.'
Or 3) The guy in charge is a Swansea fan and he can't believe that we beat them with 8 men!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ April 21 2004,22:54)]didnt he have a slight injury when the others served there suspension and he infact did not serve his suspension he just missed a few games through injury...
I'm almost certain that the players fitness is irrelevant in terms of suspensions. If they're injured whilst suspended, it doesn't matter. Probably cos it's a massive grey area with regards to whether someone is fit to play or not.

Also, I thought that you couldn't appeal two yellow cards unless the referee specifically pointed it out in his match report. If he did, surely we should have wont he appeal because one (maybe two) offence was for dissent!

Shame about Gower being out now. However with injuries to him and Pettefer, I think it is a good chance to give Clark and Jenkins the last 3 games in their favoured positions and let them show Tilly and us that they're worthy of a new contract

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 21 2004,22:19)]Tuesday could have been the last time we saw Mr Gower in a Southend shirt
Eh? Surely Gower was given a 2 year deal when we signed him - above all others, since he was the one we actually paid money for...?!

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 22 2004,09:34)]Good perhaps we'll play someone that actually defends rather than that lazy f**ker.
mad.gif
Heavy night last night, Steve?! Steady on there; have a coffee, you'll feel better for it...

ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 22 2004,09:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 22 2004,09:34)]Good perhaps we'll play someone that actually defends rather than that lazy f**ker.
mad.gif
Heavy night last night, Steve?!  Steady on there; have a coffee, you'll feel better for it...

ghostface.gif
No, no heavy night, just don't rate the lazy f**ker
mad.gif

A player's fitness at the time of a suspension certainly doesn't have any bearing on when the suspension is served - I'm 100% certain of that.

I suspect that Gower was specifically reported by the "referee" of the Swansea game (I use the term "referee" loosely) for something he said or there was something in his general report that made the powers-that-be decide to take further action.

Either way, I can't believe that it's taken FOUR MONTHS to get this far. OK, the club appealed but what do the brain dead geriatrics at the F.A. do all day? (Actually, the answer's probably in the question - they do F.A.).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 22 2004,09:43)]don't rate the lazy f**ker  
mad.gif
Hmm... fair enough. I reckon you're in a pretty small minority when it comes to that view, though... For me, he's the most talented & creative midfielder we've signed in yonks - certainly since Lee Hodges came here on loan.

rock.gif

Matt

P.S. But then, I'm still waiting for David Lee to be welcomed back to Roots Hall like the prodigal son...

Back