• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
Look, the last thing I ever dreamt of doing, was to come on here with any kind of transfer rumour that originated from south-west France.
However, whilst I was at the market this morning I was signalled out by Flavlo Balotti, a Corsican neighbour of mine. Having seen the Southend United banner on my van, he was keen to tell me a story that he was sure would interest me. Apparently, his aunt, who is a hairdresser in Lyon, has Coupet as one of her clients.
She says that he is a great admirer of Flavs and that his favourite cassette is Darryl's performance against Man.U (which was shown on Canal + here) and .....that he watches it over and over again. He feels that he has gone as far as he can go with OL and is looking to develop his career. You're not going to believe this, but according to Flavlo's aunt, taking up the role of understudy to Flavs, is one of the best ways he sees as breaking into the English Football League. I assure you that this one has legs on it......or as they say down here.....'le bruit court'

This are the type of stories that I love during "silly" season. Brilliant.

Yeah course, why not, the French No1 coming here.

Very bored today are you!? :stunned:

Look, the last thing I ever dreamt of doing, was to come on here with any kind of transfer rumour that originated from south-west France.
However, whilst I was at the market this morning I was signalled out by Flavlo Balotti, a Corsican neighbour of mine. Having seen the Southend United banner on my van, he was keen to tell me a story that he was sure would interest me. Apparently, his aunt, who is a hairdresser in Lyon, has Coupet as one of her clients.
She says that he is a great admirer of Flavs and that his favourite cassette is Darryl's performance against Man.U (which was shown on Canal + here) and .....that he watches it over and over again. He feels that he has gone as far as he can go with OL and is looking to develop his career. You're not going to believe this, but according to Flavlo's aunt, taking up the role of understudy to Flavs, is one of the best ways he sees as breaking into the English Football League. I assure you that this one has legs on it......or as they say down here.....'le bruit court'

10 out of 10 for oirginality mate!

LOL! Like you said Boywonder2 this is the typical pre season story and they get better and better each year.

Vital Southend would laugh at that story!!!

Next up -
Kaka decides to settle in Southend with long term partner E'too

I know a man who knows a man who knows the man who trims Micheal Owens nose hair, well he told me that Micheal Owen has heard Coupet is joining southend and owen wants to know if tilly could make room for him too, cos Owen see tilly play in the FA Trophy final and liked his hair, but thats not the end of it cos Emile Heskey heard Owen was coming to RH and now he is camping in RH car park until Tilly gives him a contract to be a steward cos he likes the orange jackets!:)

Honest, it must be all true because i read it in the Beano as well.

Apologies..........I'm not going to get into the habit of resuscitating dying threads but I did originally have the idea of letting this stew for a day just to see how the bait would be taken. Thank you very much for your replies, I'm glad that most of you found it funny but I'm not sure if anyone twigged.
Didn't expect anyone to come back with....'Oi mate, you're having us on, market day in St Gaudens is on Thursday!'......but you never know. However there was another clue to provide people with doubt over the veracity of this rumour...........

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

On a serious note though.

I wouldn't want him here even if this were true!!!! :stunned: :O

First reason for not wanting him here...........

35 years old

and......

He's only 1/2 an inch taller than Darryl!!!

- G

Thanks for that secondalibi.....didn't realise he was so small....his wages certainly wouldn't be ......there is a more serious talk of him going to Spurs.
Anagram of Flavlo Balotti......a site where we find rumours that we can all believe in.

Back