• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Grad Job Assessment Centres

pringlejon

Pringello Indexinator
Anyone done an assessment centre for a job recently. I've done a bit of research into what is in it but on the off chance someone here has recently done one, thought i would ask for any advice if there is any going?!

not done one recently. the thing to watch out for is the group stuff... they'll get you to do work as a team and it's important to show that you're involved, rather than be passive even if things are fine.

What Pubey said... from my experience, and I only went to a few, there's not an awful lot of prep work you can do for them as they're mainly verbal/mathematical reasoning tests. Some involve a particular test or assignment to analyse job specific proficiencies, so do some research on what the company does and think about what you're likely to encounter.

yeah if it's project management you might get an in tray to sort. If it's numerate stuff you might get a stats report to read and summise, or a writing test such as "write a paragraph about your hometown"

We have a logical maths test at our work which is a right bitch, we make it super hard more to see how they react and how they attempt to answer it.

It's a finance grad scheme i've got through to this for. Have done a couple of practice in-trays and done plenty of numerical and reasoning tests so should be ok with them. We have a meal together in the evening after the first day of the centre so shud be a good chance to make a bit of an impression also (and pick up any ladies).

It's the presentation part that worries me the most, in terms of what I should speak about if they do not give me a topic to talk about...surely I cant just talk about southend and what would've happened if walker had've scored "that goal".

It's a finance grad scheme i've got through to this for. Have done a couple of practice in-trays and done plenty of numerical and reasoning tests so should be ok with them. We have a meal together in the evening after the first day of the centre so shud be a good chance to make a bit of an impression also (and pick up any ladies).

It's the presentation part that worries me the most, in terms of what I should speak about if they do not give me a topic to talk about...surely I cant just talk about southend and what would've happened if walker had've scored "that goal".

Your dissertation? That's what I did for my current job.

I did one of these recently. The mistake I made was to turn up wearing a Tracksut thinking there would be an assault course like on the Krypton Factor.

This wouldn't be a bad idea at all, as it happens. Shows a proficiency with figures, ability to create an excel spreadsheet and commitment.

yeah not a bad shout.

I'd phone up and ask if there is any requirement on what to present, and if not then ask them on the phone what they presented!

Back