• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CANV

Coach
is it my imagination or has someone gone graffiti mental down leigh broadway.. i went down there last saturday and there was tons of the stuff..
now im not adverse to a bit of yoof rebellion (i happen to think the S K I N H E A D S  one in white paint on that foot bridge near barking is a work of modern art), but didnt there use to be some unwritten rules..
i mean british rail and the underground where always condsidered fair game along with some council stuff..  but i always thought small shops were out of bounds and definetly peoples houses and flats..  seems this current generation of rebels have no standards..  it was never about quantity but about to the riskiest highest most dangerous place with the greatest chance of getting caught..  plus also the downside of doing someone house is you may just do the 'wrong persons' house and find yourself thinking a visit from the police would have been so much more pleasent..

Don't know about Leigh, but it's really bad in my neck of the woods (Chiswick) at the moment. Kids are now tagging houses and suchlike as opposed to the old favourites of railway bridges and tube stations (neither of which I am condoning).

They even did a small bit outside our flat the other day, but as I'm renting (and hopefully not for long either) I'm not too bothered. Even so, not pleasant.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ July 04 2005,16:39)]is it my imagination or has someone gone graffiti mental down leigh broadway.. i went down there last saturday and there was tons of the stuff..
now im not adverse to a bit of yoof rebellion (i happen to think the S K I N H E A D S  one in white paint on that foot bridge near barking is a work of modern art), but didnt there use to be some unwritten rules..
i mean british rail and the underground where always condsidered fair game along with some council stuff..  but i always thought small shops were out of bounds and definetly peoples houses and flats..  seems this current generation of rebels have no standards..  it was never about quantity but about to the riskiest highest most dangerous place with the greatest chance of getting caught..  plus also the downside of doing someone house is you may just do the 'wrong persons' house and find yourself thinking a visit from the police would have been so much more pleasent..
I know what you mean. Kids these days have no respect.

Bring back Liquid Ray.

I'll never forget the time, when I was on a train from Santa Susanna (on the med coast) to Barcelona. On approaching the Catalan capital, we passed what seemed to be just derelict land for about 4-5 miles. The walls and buildings of this wasteland was just covered in graffitti (and I mean covered solid) to the point where you could barely make out the brickwork. I don't condone graffitti at all, but it really was the most remarkable sight.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ July 04 2005,17:02)]I'll never forget the time, when I was on a train from Santa Susanna (on the med coast) to Barcelona. On approaching the Catalan capital, we passed what seemed to be just derelict land for about 4-5 miles. The walls and buildings of this wasteland was just covered in graffitti (and I mean covered solid) to the point where you could barely make out the brickwork. I don't condone graffitti at all, but it really was the most remarkable sight.
Sure you weren't on the Northern Line?

i tell you where is bad, just before you get to chalkwell station coming from london/leigh on sea station. The houses on the left have copped a bit of graffiti on their walls. I think that is harsh!

graffiti has been hijacked by the chavs of the world, just have baseball caps and hooded tops. "Writers" do have a moral code when it comes to Graffiti such as state buldings or state run transport is fair game.

But the lastest craze is young kids trying to be noticed for being the most daring (foolish) Anyone who writes on someones personal property is look for a damn good beating in my eyes

Back