• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Silencer

Director
Not sure if this has already been mentioned or discussed but is there any news on what will happen with Graham Coughlin now that Luggy has been axed.

I hear from many sources that he was very keen on being the successor to Luggy one day and didn't always go about it in the best way at times!!!

Will he stay as part of the small backroom team that Luggy had or will Phil Brown be bringing in his own men?

Like him so hope he stays but fear he may be cast aside with Mr Sturrock.
Also what about others such as Ben Clarkson who seems to be a good chap - feel sorry for anyone that does not fit in with the new managers, or big Rons, plans

I know he was questioning the other day about how much notice he has to give on the house he's renting. I would say he's outta here as well.
Can't see why he would want to stick around either. Sturrock brought him in and I'll think he'll go with him.

I would be expecting Brown to bring in his own team.

Always liked him so hopefully he will get a coaching role or something although you would have thought Brown will have his own team but who knows.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned or discussed but is there any news on what will happen with Graham Coughlin now that Luggy has been axed.

I hear from many sources that he was very keen on being the successor to Luggy one day and didn't always go about it in the best way at times!!!

Will he stay as part of the small backroom team that Luggy had or will Phil Brown be bringing in his own men?

I had the the very same thought last night with regards to the back room boys!

Then thought to myself surely we havent got the funds to off load and bring in new medical,coaches and assistent manager so fingers cross the boys are safe

I had the the very same thought last night with regards to the back room boys!

Then thought to myself surely we havent got the funds to off load and bring in new medical,coaches and assistent manager so fingers cross the boys are safe

Which, interestingly enough, is now Garry Cross' underworld nickname given he is now a safecracker.

He will go I would imagine. Brown will want his own coaches etc.

Hope this will not affect Ben Clarkson :thumbsup:

Coughlan's staying apparently.

Not really surprised if this is correct.
I know almost all Managers bring in their own team , but it's not like Brown has 'just' left another post , so doubt his previous 'team' ( whoever they were ? ) are still waiting around with him.
I'm sure Ron has already imposed some of his 'conditions' to the new man , and let's face it , Brown doesn't exactly have too many options open right now , so guess his bargaining level is a little low.

The enthusiasm Coughlan showed after taking charge for the win at Port Vale was inspiring. Might have been a good shout!

Most managers like to bring in their own coach who would be on the same wavelength as themselves. Throwing people together and telling them to get on with it is not usually a recipe for success. We had this problem when Ron told Newman to work with Stuart Robson. What happens if Coughlan disagrees with the new managers methods? He is probably kept on so that Ron will avoid paying up his contract. Hope it works but I have doubts.

Most managers like to bring in their own coach who would be on the same wavelength as themselves. Throwing people together and telling them to get on with it is not usually a recipe for success. We had this problem when Ron told Newman to work with Stuart Robson. What happens if Coughlan disagrees with the new managers methods? He is probably kept on so that Ron will avoid paying up his contract. Hope it works but I have doubts.

That's a fair point there. But I think personally it's good that Cougho is still here. He is, after all, PB's link to the dressing room now and the best way forward for all concerned to the end of the season. Plus he gets to gain some insight into another manager's way of thinking which will do his career in coaching/management no harm at all. All seems eminently sensible in the remit that has been given til season's end.

I don't buy this at all. We all work with people every day who are 'thrown together' as much as any football people. The team welcome and have to integrate new team mates all the time. If Coughlan and Brown have the right qualities and WANT to make it work, they will make it work. Ultimately, Brown's the boss now so, if Coughlan doesn't agree with his methods, he'll have to make a compromise or look for another role but there's certainly no reason to have doubts until there's a reason to have any. Why assume that two grown-up human beings won't be able to get on with each other?

Back