• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rlb999

We want 4 stands!
Fair play to this bloke for sticking around and effectively accepting a demotion. He's worked under 2 different managers with 2 very different styles and must have learned an awful lot. Well done to SUFC too for retaining him - consistency is important. As he's the first team coach, he must have had a fair bit of input regarding the teams style of play and surely deserves some credit. I've been a cynic regarding Brown, perhaps unfairly. If he does prove me right and jump ship as soon as a better offer comes along, I actually think we're in good hands with Penney and Coughlan.

If Mr Brown goes I believe Mr Penny will go too. And maybe Cocko will run the show and bring Chris Barker back as his assistant.

Interesting position for Coughlan.

The only time I see him (Coughlan) is in the pre-match warm up when he seems to work with the defenders (and Penney with the rest of the team) and then Coughlan can be quite vocal during a match. Otherwise I couldn't comment on his effectiveness or role or suitability for a managerial position.

He has ties back in Shrewsbury doesn't he? So perhaps a position at somewhere like Hereford or Telford might suit as a stepping stone.

Brown made a point of saying that he was very impressed with Coughlan as soon as he came in. Fair play to Brown for giving him an opportunity when other new managers may have made a clean sweep of the entire coaching staff. And kudos to Coughlan for staying too, I think he'll make a good manager one day (either us or someone else).

Cocko handles a large part of training, under PB's guidance....similar to how he worked under PS. Both managers obviously valued his relationship with the players and his ability to motivate, and that's fine by me. Ultimately I see him going for a managerial job somewhere but until then I am more than happy that he's with us - plus he's always got plenty of time for supporters.

Sorry I don't really see anything in this. At the end of the day GC is a lower league coach. He was given the opportunity to do another job in the same place he is was already employed and his old boss is not where ! These guys are on very average wages, if Sturrock comes good for a job GC may well leave - but no need for him to upset his apple cart is there !!

If Mr Brown goes I believe Mr Penny will go too. And maybe Cocko will run the show and bring Chris Barker back as his assistant.

Doubt it personally.

From what Brown said Coughlan was struggling under Sturrock as he was having to run everything and was relieved to not have to do it.

Have to take it with a pinch of salt but that doesnt sound like Coughlan is managerial material to me.

Sounds to me that he is doing what he is good at.

I think its also highly unlikely that if he did want to do it that Ron Martin would appoint him. Say what you like about Ron but he has a decent record of bringing in managers and I dont think he would settle for Coughlan.

Rumours have it he's being made into a classic card on Fifa Ultimate Team

Back