• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Csboy

Manager
Firstly for any Stevenage fans on here I have nothing against your club or town.I've enjoyed my visits to Stevenage but Graham Westley is one of the biggest ****s in football.

He was known as the Neil Warnock of Non-League and upset a lot of people with his style of play. Yes he has been successful but has won few friends.

Let's not forget our game at Roots Hall 4 years ago when one of his players Winn kicked Sean Clohessy in the head. It was the most obvious red card ever but Westley in his post match interview said Clohessy put his head in the way deliberately to get Winn sent off!! Like any player is going to put his life on the line just to get a player sent off.

Westley thought he had hit the big time when he went to Preston but he was so hated there some of the Preston player's were texting opponents telling them how to beat them.

Only Stevenage would employ him in the Football League after Preston and reports are they are fed up with him.

I dare saw Westley will try every dirty trick in the book to beat us. I would even put him above the likes of Steve Evans and Phil Parkinson as the most hated manager.

Lets hope we can beat him and hopefully Stevenage will have had enough of him and get rid of him for good.

Will freely admit as a Stevenage fan that he's not the most likeable of managers and can sound a bit of a prat at times. But with the success he's brought us who cares :smile:

I have to admit to being firmly in the 'Westley's a w***er' camp, however, in reading his column in The Football League Paper, he's was more than complementary of both us and Bury following our Tuesday night match.

As a result I'm a little bit nearer to sitting on the fence.

Could not agree more. His whole persona and demenour stinks of someone with a chip on their shoulder and I genuinely can't listen to his interviews. The biggest bigot in the football league. Not surprised the Preston players hated him!

I don't know loads about him but I have heard certain things on the league 2 banter page on facebook. APPARENTLY and no offence meant to Stevenage fans but I have seen countless team slating their diving and dirty tactics along with time wasting which feels me with dread after the Burton time wasting for 180 minutes in last years playoffs.

This is exactly the type of team we struggle against thats why I think I would have preferred to play Wycombe or Plymouth as at least they look to play football.

Firstly for any Stevenage fans on here I have nothing against your club or town.I've enjoyed my visits to Stevenage but Graham Westley is one of the biggest ****s in football.

He was known as the Neil Warnock of Non-League and upset a lot of people with his style of play. Yes he has been successful but has won few friends.

Let's not forget our game at Roots Hall 4 years ago when one of his players Winn kicked Sean Clohessy in the head. It was the most obvious red card ever but Westley in his post match interview said Clohessy put his head in the way deliberately to get Winn sent off!! Like any player is going to put his life on the line just to get a player sent off.

Westley thought he had hit the big time when he went to Preston but he was so hated there some of the Preston player's were texting opponents telling them how to beat them.

Only Stevenage would employ him in the Football League after Preston and reports are they are fed up with him.

I dare saw Westley will try every dirty trick in the book to beat us. I would even put him above the likes of Steve Evans and Phil Parkinson as the most hated manager.

Lets hope we can beat him and hopefully Stevenage will have had enough of him and get rid of him for good.

thats a bit harsh

Met him and he was a very nice bloke,ok his teams like to rough it up.i hope he gets promotion NEXT SEASON.

You must really hate him Csboy, I don't think I have ever seen a thread dedicated to a manager a poster hated. Never mind, if we get promoted at least you won't have to see him again for while.

You must really hate him Csboy, I don't think I have ever seen a thread dedicated to a manager a poster hated. Never mind, if we get promoted at least you won't have to see him again for while.
There must be one on here for Barry Fry, surely?

Failing that, there's a fair few on here against Phil Brown...

Don't like him. His teams seem to be on the overly physical side and weak refs just let them get away with it.

They get away with more than any other team would get away with. Also, one of the reasons they beat us in February was due to the pitch. it was terrible...terrible enough that they use it to their advantage.

I'm not sure if anyone else saw at the game in February, but one or two of their groundsmen were deliberately picking divots up and throwing them on the side of the pitch instead of putting them back where they came from. I can only assume Westley has something to do with this...:thumbdown:

My dad said if he sees them doing it on Sunday, he'll record it and send it to the Football League. They probably won't do anything though...

Contrary to popular belief, we don't have a big (physically) squad, no one surrounds the referee and we haven't purposely destroyed our pitch. It just had a nightmare of a winter, thankfully it looks in a bit better shape than when we played you before - not really sure how we used it to our advantage seeing as we scored a penalty, a run over the so called **** pitch and a counter - can't remember the first. I highly doubt players know exactly where the divots are to use them to our advantage and even if they did, they sure as **** aren't good enough to make it into any advantage.

Possibly a bit of time wasting but everyone does and it really doesn't do us favours as we have conceded so many late goals. As for the drinks breaks, I don't get the issue. The game is dead, if any thing it works against us as it just adds on more time to the end when we are undoubtedly ****.

We could well line up with just 2 players over 6 foot - and one of those being the GK! But we seem to do well against the teams that brush us off as 'big, strong and physical' before KO.

"My dad said if he sees them doing it on Sunday, he'll record it and send it to the Football League." - :hilarious:

Personally, not holding much hope. Although we have had a cracking second half of the season and deserve to be in the playoffs, I think our squad isn't quite strong enough yet, but with a few more additions we'll be challenging the autos next season if you get through... and if you do, please, please, please beat Wycombe or Plymouth.

No problem at all with Westley. He has been very generous in his comments towards Southend this season. He plays to get best out of players at clubs with small budgets and followings and has got success. Preston always a bad move for him.

They get away with more than any other team would get away with. Also, one of the reasons they beat us in February was due to the pitch. it was terrible...terrible enough that they use it to their advantage.

I'm not sure if anyone else saw at the game in February, but one or two of their groundsmen were deliberately picking divots up and throwing them on the side of the pitch instead of putting them back where they came from. I can only assume Westley has something to do with this...:thumbdown:

My dad said if he sees them doing it on Sunday, he'll record it and send it to the Football League. They probably won't do anything though...

AL,

Will your dad be filming from his phone or using a professional set up?,will the FL be scared of the footage?

Good luck.

How on earth can you blame the winter for the state of your cabbage patch .We have had on of the mildest winters on record .Yes our goalmouths at rootshall look like a sand pit .But the rest of the pitch is fairly green and flat . Un like your pitch that looks like you have been grazing horses on it .And letting them gallop around on it uneven and full of ruts . N o surprise to me you had a good end to the season maybe no body else can play football on it .Where it suits your HOOFBALL .

How on earth can you blame the winter for the state of your cabbage patch .We have had on of the mildest winters on record .Yes our goalmouths at rootshall look like a sand pit .But the rest of the pitch is fairly green and flat . Un like your pitch that looks like you have been grazing horses on it .And letting them gallop around on it uneven and full of ruts . N o surprise to me you had a good end to the season maybe no body else can play football on it .Where it suits your HOOFBALL .

We had one game after a week of fluctuating temperature which left the pitch frozen below the surface but soft on top. Completely wrecked it. Not helped by ****ing it up when we re laid the turf. Apparently wasn't put in deep enough so the grass just tears up.

You sound a bit butt hurt Tommy?

If we were hoofball, we wouldn't have got anywhere. We don't have tall players. I guess we ignore the 1 loss in 7 away from home then... and that was playing our reserves too.

Back