• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Grand National, Saturday

I'll eat a pair of Wiggy's soiled knickers on the pitch at half-time of the Luton match if that wins.

Seeing as you're talking about the current 14/1 co-4th favourite, second last year and first the year before, that's a mighty brave promise.

Provided wiggy keeps up her part of the bargain, I think we should hold you to this.

Seeing as you're talking about the current 14/1 co-4th favourite, second last year and first the year before, that's a mighty brave promise.

Provided wiggy keeps up her part of the bargain, I think we should hold you to this.

With a poor preparation, and not getting any younger, and with bags of weight. Last year was its best chance of getting a second victory.

I do not expect top be munching my way through a discharge ridden gusset on April 28th.

Hedgehunter is top weight this year, though - and it's pretty bloomin' rare when a top weight goes on to win at Aintree. Only a really special horse carries top weight to first place in the National - and sadly I don't think Hedgehunter is a really special horse, just a quite good one.

I backed him when he won the national in '05 (the day before we lost to bloomin' Wrexham in Cardiff) - but I think he only carried 10st 7lbs that day... and let's face it, he was bloody lucky when Clan Royal got taken out by a loose horse.

He carried top weight last year, and did jolly well... but he's a year older, and carrying almost 1.5 stones more than when he won. I'm with CCC-siders - I don't think he'll win.

I won't be so bold as CCC-siders - I think Hedgehunter may well be placed (although would make a crummy each-way bet) - but I don't think he'll win. Dun Doire (10st 8) and Royal Auclair (11st 1) look more decent bets, although I'll reserve judgement until Spiff and I have dissected the Post over a large greasy-spoon breakfast for which we are meeting up in Lewisham on Saturday...

:D

Ultimately it depends on whether Tony The Kray tips him or not.

Ha ha! I remember those afternoons so well!

One enthusiastic tip, several tempted Zoners, a pause of about an hour and then 3 pages of bitter recriminations!

last week someone pointed me in the direction of 'Point Barrow'... looking now its come into 9's, looks a good bet, but wish i'd got on it last week @ 15's

Angus Loughran tips Point Barrow and that's probably going to be good enough for me. Of the rest, I'm quite tempted by Silver Birch but I'd like to see how the track looks before going on that one.

Incidentally, if you think there's a lot of office tipsters in a regular office, try wotrking at a betting firm!!

Angus Loughran tips Point Barrow and that's probably going to be good enough for me. Of the rest, I'm quite tempted by Silver Birch but I'd like to see how the track looks before going on that one.

Incidentally, if you think there's a lot of office tipsters in a regular office, try wotrking at a betting firm!!

I used to! Might lead to a later thread, at some stage, which the likes of you and US can chip in to.

Back