• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Grand Theft Auto IV

Beefy

Life President
Only four weeks left before one of the biggest video game releases of all time. Rockstar have just (literally 15 minutes ago) put the final trailer up on their website and the game certainly looks good.

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=videos&content=trailer4

They have their critics, but I love everything about the GTA series and cannot wait until this comes out. I don't really use my PS3 that much but certainly will be in a few weeks time.

Cheers for posting that Beefy.

To say i am massively excited would be an understatement!!

Goodbye social life :whistling:

My god that looks good..........pity i still only have a PS2 :(

I'm actually happy that I don't have a PS3 or 360, otherwise I'd inevitably buy this game, and I have way too much going on right now for this!

I thought long and hard about this in my console crisis a few months ago, but in the end I bought a Nintendo Wii instead. I just can't take the risk of getting sucked into this game again. I lost literally days of my life to Vice City and San Andreas. I used to take two days off when they came out in order to immerse myself properly in them.

It's the same thing every year. You try and legitimise your behaviour. "Did you know Vice City actually won prestigious design awards?" and "Oh come on, it's just like going for a relaxing drive in the country." But it makes no difference. Your housemates have noticed that you're not eating anymore. That you haven't left the house in 11 days. That you have a jar full of yellowish liquid by the TV.

I can't do it. I've just got too much to lose now. I've got a girlfriend, I've got a job. I've got responsibilities. I've got enough problems weening myself of Civilisation 4.

I have to let it go. I have to.

I ha....

I....

*runs down to Game in his dressing gown*

Why can't we have a game where the protagonist is a charity worker rather than a gun totin' sociopath?

It's no wonder we live in Broken Britain ((c) The Sun, 2008).

Been playing Vice City Stories recently to get me in the mood for GTA 4, a snip at under 20 quid. I initially thought it was going to be a lazy conversion of the PSP version and not a patch on Vice City or San Andreas. But, after playing it for a few weeks I think it deserves to stand up as its own game. Best of all Phil Collins pops up as part of the storyline (I haven't reached that bit yet).

I still haven't pre ordered GTA4, The trailers and other media on the site make it look good (as you'd expect them to) but I think I'll wait until after it's release and see what the reaction is like. After the whole letdown of ProEvo08 on the PS3 I think I'll let other people test the water first before I dive in with my 50 quid!

First screen shots:

zoo2yv4.jpg

ssssmv2.jpg

I thought long and hard about this in my console crisis a few months ago, but in the end I bought a Nintendo Wii instead. I just can't take the risk of getting sucked into this game again. I lost literally days of my life to Vice City and San Andreas. I used to take two days off when they came out in order to immerse myself properly in them.

It's the same thing every year. You try and legitimise your behaviour. "Did you know Vice City actually won prestigious design awards?" and "Oh come on, it's just like going for a relaxing drive in the country." But it makes no difference. Your housemates have noticed that you're not eating anymore. That you haven't left the house in 11 days. That you have a jar full of yellowish liquid by the TV.

I can't do it. I've just got too much to lose now. I've got a girlfriend, I've got a job. I've got responsibilities. I've got enough problems weening myself of Civilisation 4.

I have to let it go. I have to.

I ha....

I....

*runs down to Game in his dressing gown*

Suddenly has images of Catwezal .. ahumm anyways

What you need is a lovely you ng lady who is just as much into computer games as ..

Its just when they get better then you you have to swallow pride :(

Sigh shes rocks mind ;)

Back