• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Grant against Millwall - A classy holding player

DTS

The Business
My god I though he was superb yesterday.

Looked composed on the ball, never got muscled out of it, really intelligent passing and a got his body in where it hurts.

Dont think he is going to score many but he really looks like a class holding player based on that performance.

Totally agree , thought he was superb and ran the game , pity he wasn't used more last season

Looked composed on the ball, never got muscled out of it, really intelligent passing and a got his body in where it hurts.

Dont think he is going to score many but he really looks like a class holding player based on that performance.

Agree he also his theatricals were good as weel, you can tell he came from chelsea

Was very impressed - love his style, he's so laid back, socks never up past his shins!

Love the way he goes flying into a tackle, I Still think it will be Moussa and Macca in the middle when Macca is fit as think Grant is the same type of player as McCormack. If it is Moussa and Macca in the middle McCormack will be putting in the tackles and Moussa there to pick out a pass.

I think it'll be Grant and McCormack with Grant sitting and Macca playing box to box. Moussa has a lot of potential but Grant is two years and 40 league games further down the line in terms of his development as a player.

I have a suspicion that Grant is going to earn this Club a lot of money in a couple of years.

I didn't go yesterday but what your saying is Grant played really well. When Macca is back that will be a good central Midfield.

I didn't go yesterday but what your saying is Grant played really well. When Macca is back that will be a good central Midfield.

We ended up drawing the game yesterday because we wernt strong enough in centre midfield, When Ademeno came off Sankofa went centre mid and Grant was supposed to go out wide but he moaned about it and gave loads of attitude so Moussa went out there. I've got nothing against Sankofa ang i'm not blaming him in anyway but him and Grant didnt look strong enough in the middle.

When Sankofa came on, i would of kept Grant and Mouse in the middle, move Francis up to right mid and Sankofa go right back.

I gave grant MotM in my ratings. I commented to mates there that you can see the difference between the players groomed at the big clubs, i.e Barney and Grant. He was everywhere, determined and as you say i can't remember him getting beaten to the ball. Also picked out a few passes which surprised me as he is not that sort of player. He must play ahead of Moussa when McCormack is back. Liked the way Macca was out on the pitch at the end with the arm round a few players.

We ended up drawing the game yesterday because we wernt strong enough in centre midfield, When Ademeno came off Sankofa went centre mid and Grant was supposed to go out wide but he moaned about it and gave loads of attitude so Moussa went out there. I've got nothing against Sankofa ang i'm not blaming him in anyway but him and Grant didnt look strong enough in the middle.

When Sankofa came on, i would of kept Grant and Mouse in the middle, move Francis up to right mid and Sankofa go right back.

I don't think it was because we weren't strong enough in the middle i thought it was because we weren't strong enough out wide and failed to deal with a rudimentary free kick into our box. I think Sankofa was supposed to sit in front of the back four with Revell to right mid at the time with Barney up front on his own.

From what I saw of him last season, albeit only in short bursts, he does look a class act, and there is no doubt you can see he has been around players of a much higher quality than League One.

One question though - Tilly is almost certainly going to bring in a replacement, or near as damn it, for Nicky Bailey - what happens when Macca is back to full fitness? We are going to need a player who is able to either create from midfield, or get forward and score goals, just like Bailey did, so what will happen with Grant then? I suspect that he may well be battling with Scannell for the right sided midfield position, as I think Tilly is a dan of having a wide player who is very much able to defend and not be afraid to get stuck in.

If Bailey was a lower league Steven Gerard, then Grant can be a lower league Patrick Vieira. The lad's a class act and an awesome signing.

I think that we have to start him. He's 21 and presumably moved for first team football. I don't think there can be any remaining question marks about his ability now, so if it's use him or lose him I'd very much prefer the former.

From what I saw of him last season, albeit only in short bursts, he does look a class act, and there is no doubt you can see he has been around players of a much higher quality than League One.

One question though - Tilly is almost certainly going to bring in a replacement, or near as damn it, for Nicky Bailey - what happens when Macca is back to full fitness? We are going to need a player who is able to either create from midfield, or get forward and score goals, just like Bailey did, so what will happen with Grant then? I suspect that he may well be battling with Scannell for the right sided midfield position, as I think Tilly is a dan of having a wide player who is very much able to defend and not be afraid to get stuck in.

I think that's precisely what will happen. As good as he is in the centre, I think Grant would do a terrific job on the right as well. He'd bring some solidity to that flank and, while not an out-and-out winger, he is skilful enough to provide an attacking threat. Plus, he would probably allow Simon Francis to get further forward.

Yep great player, extremely confident too and doesnt stop running around, hope he is one who doesnt pick up any injuries, and if we get in another 1 or 2 midfielders, our midfield may look as strong as our defence - then people can expect big things from the players :)

UTB!

What you people are saying Grant was one of the best players on the pitch yesterday. The News of The world gave him one of the lowest score in the team with a 5

What you people are saying Grant was one of the best players on the pitch yesterday. The News of The world gave him one of the lowest score in the team with a 5

News of the Screws hacks are contractually forbidden to report anything factual, insightful or interesting.

Back