• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimpereeee

First XI
At 8.19pm this evening Anthony Grant tweeted:

"In a meeting.....Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

At 9.46pm he then tweeted:

"Meeting Over...Finally Home..."

One minute later Matt Patterson tweeted to Grant:

"whats happening then ?"

Make of this what you will......

probaly fits the only way we could get sawyer in was to get one out, im gonna stick my neck on the line and just say it, id rather have sawyer over grant any day

probaly fits the only way we could get sawyer in was to get one out, im gonna stick my neck on the line and just say it, id rather have sawyer over grant any day

Way off. I like sawyer, but grant way better.

People have asked if he's leaving and he's directly said no, so he's not being that coy any more.

grant started the season very well, and i love the bloke, i just think a sawyer with his head screwed on and focused is better than grant. If i was being greedy the pair of em in the middle would **** all over this division

With you there would love the pair of them. Granty still gives so much to team defensively and wins soo many free kicks using his brain. I know sawyer gives the team more going forward, but overall i would still have grant over sawyer.

With you there would love the pair of them. Granty still gives so much to team defensively and wins soo many free kicks using his brain. I know sawyer gives the team more going forward, but overall i would still have grant over sawyer.

i have you right on the free kick front, there must be a stat out there on the most fouled player, granty must be up there he actually wins them which is an art

A player we know could hold his own in championship/ league one, for a moody conferance south player ??? I know which one i would have.

If we could have both it would be great. If we lose Granty its just another example of weakening Southend United football club.

Would be a huge loss. Sawyer has great potential but we dont know if his attitude has changed, we can only hope so. Grant has been outstandign this season and if we have any hope of going up then he must stay. Of course, he is more than capable than playing in League one at least but I would hope that would be with us and not another club. Any positive moves in this transfer window would be negated completely by Grant leaving. The squad needs strengthening, you dont do that by sacrificing your best player.

Would be a huge loss. Sawyer has great potential but we dont know if his attitude has changed, we can only hope so. Grant has been outstandign this season and if we have any hope of going up then he must stay. Of course, he is more than capable than playing in League one at least but I would hope that would be with us and not another club. Any positive moves in this transfer window would be negated completely by Grant leaving. The squad needs strengthening, you dont do that by sacrificing your best player.

We are also(seemingly) skint and on the limits of the wage budget. You'd have to assume as one of the only remaining players from a higher level that grant is on a decent wage, plus is a saleable asset.

If grant goes and it means we can bring in 3-4 decent squad players (plus sawyer) then it may have to be done.

Back