• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blueveined

Manager
Anyone with Player able to tell us what he said in his interview now on OS? Ta.

* Players had words with each other after Port Vale
* Season started v Wolves
* New lads getting on well, best wishes to old players
* Fans need to give 'us' a bit of time to gel.
* "Was your future ever away from Roots Hall"... *nervous laugh*... erm just want to play football and enjoy it. (Non-committal?)
* Hopefully manager will freshen up for the JPT. Not sure why he said this
* Ah... he said 'everyone is hanging'... after the 2 games.
* Rooms with Easton, says he's a good guy and helps him alot with his experience.
* Granty's 100th game Tuesday if he plays.

So quite light hearted, but I wouldnt bet my house on him staying...

I don't know about that, I think you've read a lot into it.
He also said something like 'If someone wants me, I'll always be here to play and win''!
He deserves to play at a higher level, I just hope he is in the tunnel running out into the new stadium in the Championship....

If he leaves for anything less than a mill I'll be disappointed, he seems a class act. Really, really hope he stays.

* "Was your future ever away from Roots Hall"... *nervous laugh*... erm just want to play football and enjoy it. (Non-committal?)
* Rooms with Easton, says he's a good guy and helps him alot with his experience.

Very much the impression I got....................tactically, he played the questions very well. That's our interpretations..................for the real answer, we shall have to wait a few days more. I certainly wouldn't bet anything on it either!

Thanks for that. Hope he stays.

I don't know about that, I think you've read a lot into it.
He also said something like 'If someone wants me, I'll always be here to play and win''!
He deserves to play at a higher level, I just hope he is in the tunnel running out into the new stadium in the Championship....

I think he was thinking on his feet to be honest - I mean what does that mean? "If someone wants me" - like who? PS, Charlton, Ipswich?

Hopefully I am reading too much into it, but he didnt come out and specifically say he is happy to stay and never thought about leaving.

I think he was thinking on his feet to be honest - I mean what does that mean? "If someone wants me" - like who? PS, Charlton, Ipswich?

Hopefully I am reading too much into it, but he didnt come out and specifically say he is happy to stay and never thought about leaving.

True, I briefly thought about leaving after Ron sacked Tilson, but realised I was being stupid!

Granty is a shrimper. Glad he is here. Best player in the league and we finally have a main man again!

I haven't seen the 'new Blues' yet, but I'm intrigued that Sturrock is playing Granty in a more forward role. I saw that he had a couple of good shots v Bristol City and it sounds like last night's one was a good 'un. I really hope that he's still with us by the time I get to see us next month - he's been my favourite Blues player since the away win at Hereford in March, 2009.

At the end he was told that his 100th game is on Tuesday, he laughed and said he hoped it was todays! Maybe I'm reading too much into it also, but maybe he would prefer to finish on 100 games rather than 99?

Roll on September.

I haven't seen the 'new Blues' yet, but I'm intrigued that Sturrock is playing Granty in a more forward role. I saw that he had a couple of good shots v Bristol City and it sounds like last night's one was a good 'un. I really hope that he's still with us by the time I get to see us next month - he's been my favourite Blues player since the away win at Hereford in March, 2009.

Grant was absolutely fantastic last night and love's playing for Southend, praying he doesn't move on as he is the one link to our "old team" we have and we can't afford to lose our best player, however if he has to go then I will wish him nothing but the best as he stuck with us in the bad times.

Met him a couple of times and he is a top bloke as well, exactly the sort of player we need at the club.

Granty = New Blues legend! :clap:

Yeah, Granty stuck with us all the way through, he could join the rats like Moussa, McComack and Barrett living a "Blues" ship that are sinking durning june, but he did'nt and if anyone offer silly money and we accepted it, then I would wish him the best for his future at Championship level etc - I just hope he stay until January and see where we are in the table - if we are in top 3 by Jan, then I hope he can see it through until the end of the season!

Yeah, Granty stuck with us all the way through, he could join the rats like Moussa, McComack and Barrett living a "Blues" ship that are sinking durning june, but he did'nt and if anyone offer silly money and we accepted it, then I would wish him the best for his future at Championship level etc - I just hope he stay until January and see where we are in the table - if we are in top 3 by Jan, then I hope he can see it through until the end of the season!
I don't exactly think it's fair to describe Moussa, McCormack and Barrett as "rats". All were loyal and stuck by us far and above what I reckon most of us would do in the "real" world.

I don't exactly think it's fair to describe Moussa, McCormack and Barrett as "rats". All were loyal and stuck by us far and above what I reckon most of us would do in the "real" world.

Agree, it really bugs me how quickly some of our fans have turned on last seasons squad, they were treated appallingly, and then get lambusted by the fans, talk about rough ride.

It was.Invest in BP you tight git!:)
Or stay up for the FLS.

Last edited:
Back