• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Grass Roots Football in decline

sad but true, Notice it more and more every year, teams folding but no new ones coming back up

Yeah definitely noticeable. Our league was turning into a shambles and so gave up with it last year. The pitches are dreadful and most weeks unsafe. Some games were played 45 mins drive away and you'd end up playing twice after work in a week to get through re-arranged fixtures.

No surprise that 5/6/7-a-side is growing in popularity (I think) and weekend grass football is dying off, which is a massive shame and real worry.

Find it staggering how that petition has less than 23,000 signatures, which is about possibly millions of kids playing the game they love and enjoy, and a petition to get 1 no-mark 3rd division football to not sign for a football club got well over 100,000.

Shows that people in this country love to be pesimistic and watch other people fail than be positive.

pigvrzuqsbpm9q8hcvgr.jpg

It all comes down to money. Anyone who has run a side will know what is involved. Its like the chap said losing players due to no training and to bigger clubs who dont need to charge as much money.
Even as a player it felt like I was being asked to put my hand in my pocket every week.

The local park pitches are well over priced, over used and never looked after therfore games are called off for weeks on end yet the council still expect payment.

The local leagues will try and fine a club for everything and anything and some clubs are drained so much they have to fold.

The FA really need to take a long hard look into grass roots football and plug some serious money into it rather than their pockets.

Lions led by Donkeys!

Back