• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gray's critics

lucus

Coach
No matter how well a footballer is playing, there is always someone out there who has to criticise... but for once there isn't! Surely there is someone out there!? Every good player still has their weaknesses... what would you say Gray's is? Constructive comments please, as the man has done us proud, no player has a match fitness like him!

Pointless post why do you want to hunt down people with negative comments to make.

I might start a post asking what people think are the bad points about Eastwoods games. I think he doesnt score enough

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ Dec. 09 2004,15:48)]Pointless post why do you want to hunt down people with negative comments to make.

I might start a post asking what people think are the bad points about Eastwoods games. I think he doesnt score enough
It wouldnt be negative if they were constructive like i mentioned

I think he's playing too well at the moment.

wink.gif

I hate the way he actually seems to enjoy playing for us. That cant be right.....we are Southend after all

ok then... what does he offer more to the team than someone like dudfield? duds scores more and has a better touch.... Gray fans rnt gonna be happy now...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Dec. 09 2004,16:03)]duds scores more
Dudfield 3 goals in 13 league games @ 0.23 goals per game.

Gray 5 goals in 18 league games @ 0.27 goals per game.

And 2 of Lawies were penalties only 1 of Grays was.

Next.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Dec. 09 2004,16:12)]How about Gray over 13 games then?? at least keep the stat for the number of games fair!
you choose the 13 games and Mr Soup will do the sums....
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Dec. 09 2004,16:12)]How about Gray over 13 games then?? at least keep the stat for the number of games fair!
Grays first thirteen league games - 3 goals.

Grays last thirteen league games - 4 goals.

I find it hard to see how you can justify the statement 'duds scores more'.

and duds first 13?

When Duds was in the team, we used to make more chances on goal that we did with Gray in... can you prove me wrong there?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Dec. 09 2004,16:31)]A)and duds first 13?

B)When Duds was in the team, we used to make more chances on goal that we did with Gray in... can you prove me wrong there?
A)Eh? If he's only played 13 this season then surely his first 13 are his last 13?

And we can't use last season's as Gray wasn't here last season, we had a different team so it's incomparable.

I think you may be clutching at straws.

B) No I can't prove you wrong there, because that's your opinion and not a fact.

I think Gray's first touch could be better. And he could improve his weaker foot. And sometimes his runs into the box could be timed better.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Dec. 09 2004,16:36)]or even better duds last 18 games compared to grays last 18...
Again incomparable, but I'll humour you. Dudfield scored 1 in his last 5 games last season so:

Dudfield 18 League games, 4 goals

Gray 18 League games, 5 goals.

Southend players who've scored in their last game

Eastwood
Dudfield
Gray

That makes them all equal

Players who had a stinker in their last game:

Tes Bramble

That makes him worse than all of them

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Dec. 09 2004,16:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Dec. 09 2004,16:31)]A)and duds first 13?

B)When Duds was in the team, we used to make more chances on goal that we did with Gray in... can you prove me wrong there?
A)Eh? If he's only played 13 this season then surely his first 13 are his last 13?

And we can't use last season's as Gray wasn't here last season, we had a different team so it's incomparable.

I think you may be clutching at straws.

B) No I can't prove you wrong there, because that's your opinion and not a fact.
statistically we created more shots on goal at the end of the last season compared to what we do now (according to the clubs programme).... but yes the team is different now, so you are right there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Dec. 09 2004,16:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Dec. 09 2004,16:36)]or even better duds last 18 games compared to grays last 18...
Again incomparable, but I'll humour you. Dudfield scored 1 in his last 5 games last season so:

Dudfield 18 League games, 4 goals

Gray 18 League games, 5 goals.
hands up you beat me there. Worth a go challenging a life president to a statistical battle though!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Dec. 09 2004,16:39)]Southend players who've scored in their last game

Eastwood
Dudfield
Gray

That makes them all equal

Players who had a stinker in their last game:

Tes Bramble

That makes him worse than all of them
Tes:- Great play maker. Crap winger. (opinion before I get attacked)

Back