• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

graysblues

Dear all,
This year Grays Athletic Football club celebrates its 125th Anniversary. To mark this milestone Grays Athletic will be playing Southend United. The 125th Anniversary match will take place on Saturday 1st August at Mill Field, home to Aveley FC where we currently ground-share. Kick-off for the game is 15:00.
Ticket Info
ADULTS: £6.00
CONCESSIONS: £4.00

KIDS UNDER 14 - FREE ENTRY!

We do hope that you will join us in our celebrations and we look forward to welcoming you at the game.
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/graysathletic/

Many thanks

Grays Athletic Football club - Part of Thurrock's community since 1890.
grays v southend united.jpg

I reckon this thread needs a BUMP....

Come on Southend Fans would be nice to see a few hundred of us turn up :thumbsup:

One Team In ESSEX :thumbsup:

Nice old main stand at Mill Field. I will be going to this game

I Would like to see a good attendance for this 125th anniversary game, as its only a short drive up the A13, however it doesnt seem to appear on the os fixture list.

Grays friendly

My mate is a Grays Athletic supporter and is disappointed that the friendly on 1 August at their Aveley FC groundshare ‘home’ isn’t listed on our official website.

Apparently it has been arranged with the Club by Mark Bentley, now manager at Grays.

It is part of their 125 year celebration and my mate was hoping we would send a decent squad to them.

We now also have the game at Roots Hall on Sunday against Leyton Orient.

Not sure what strength of squad we will put out for Grays.

I hope a few us go to Aveley F.C. for this one tomorrow.

Grays have produced some decent players over the years - Eastwood, Hooper, the late Mitchell Cole and the one Tilson let get away - Michael Kightly.

To celebrate 125 years of football is some achievement, especially as they have been without a ground for five years.

My mate is a very keen supporter of theirs and he hopes they will be in their new stadium within the next few years.

Confirmed as Under 21 game.

Grays produced a few players over the years - Eastwood, Hooper, the late Mitchell Cole and the one that Tilson let go - Michael Kightly.

125 years in football is quite an achievement, especially after they lost their ground five years ago.

My mate is a keen supporter of theirs and he hopes they will be in their new stadium in about three years time.

Tempted to go to this.

What is it like at Aveley's ground? Where is best to park?

Parking at the ground if you are early!

Otherwise streets around.

Aveley FC are moving in the next year or two having gained permission for a new ground over the road.

Mill Field has seen better days - an old style Non League ground. Decent main stand as posted earlier.

We're apparently playing Orient on the Sunday - so reckon this will be an U21 game.
I think this shows massive disrespect to Grays for such a showpiece event for their club.

If our squad is that small, then why not play the first team against Grays then the Under-21's against Orient - cos it'll be the U-21's who'll need to help us get through the season, they're the ones who'll need that experience.

I think this shows massive disrespect to Grays for such a showpiece event for their club.

If our squad is that small, then why not play the first team against Grays then the Under-21's against Orient - cos it'll be the U-21's who'll need to help us get through the season, they're the ones who'll need that experience.

I have every sympathy for Grays over this but the first XI is being conditioned for Fleetwood and that requires the Orient match to help towards that.

Then we shouldn't have committed to the game. We're not a glamorous club. An "Arsenal XI" or "Spurs XI" they could get away with, but not Southend U-21's.

Poor sods. Maybe we could get Freddy to turn out for us? That would at least be a nice touch.

Back