• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Grays Athletic Sponsors Withdraw - Press Statement

SUFC Forever

Manager
http://graysathletic.co.uk/

Looks like Grays Athletic are now in very serious trouble indeed. I am sure this is probably the beginning of the end for the club now as there is no way that unless a buyer is found that they will be anywhere other than bankrupt or back in the Essex Senior League come next season.

would be sorry to see them go under - they've turned round the careers of a couple of players in recent years

Well I can probably actually shed a bit of light on this subject having up until recently been working for one of GAFC's main sponsors.

Basically GAFC had an agreement to sell their ground/land to 2 property developers in turn the developers would sponsor the team and help with the ground move, but even up until March of this year no fixed price had been agreed for the land. GAFC's valuation of the ground meant that the developers had to get circa 160 units on the site which was about 40 units too many, obviously meaning the land value was too high.

GAFC we're holding out for top buck, developers couldnt make the numbers stack and it appears that things have hit a stalemate and subsequintely due to the credit crunch have had to withdraw the funding.

most probably because they are ****e!

Having seen their games v Kidderminster and Stevenage this season, I have to say that I am most surprised that they have struggled so badly this season as they are a good, passing team who try to play football.

So much turmoil in the club for the past few years has taken it's toll however and now you have to fear for their future.

Since Mark Stimson left they have been in freefall and perhaps unrealistic expectations have been the real reason the club seems now to be sinking fast. You truly cannot sustain a decent standard o football (which the Conference undoubtedly is) on regular crowds of not much more than 500.

Would be a shame to see them go out of the conference. I have no idea how a club runs and how the books balance themselves out but I would have thought that with transfer fees acquired from Freddy, Kights, McClean et al, they would be one of the more comfortable conference sides?

last nights Echo indicated that the only real chance of maintaining the current levels (financially) would be for a decent cup run or a big money Kightly move in the Transfer window

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/fo...5.Grays_were__months__from_going_to_the_wall/

As for the Kightly transfer fee money mentioned by Shrimperman, this article indicates that it was only 25K (the big money being available on a sell on)
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/football/nonleague/3758393.Grays_legend_Kightly_feels_for_old_club/

Back