• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

Watched today's match from the Director's Box as a guest of Bernie, boss of Recycle Print and Design of Rochford.

Had a 3 course meal in the Platinum Suite that was wonderful ---- waitress service with a smile --- even when we asked for the Julie Walters special "Two Soups" which was delivered to the table without spilling a drop. 3 courses of food in a packed Lounge hosted by David Crown with visits by Brian Dear and Steve Kavanagh.

Ladies in the Director's Box were given blankets to keep their knees warm -- even though I am old they wouldn't give me a blanket !

At half time had a long chat with Richard Beeby and John Singh, two referees who have performed at the Hall many times. I apologised to Mr Beeby for the amount of abuse I gave him at every match, I think he was impressed with my confession. I told John Singh the he didn't get abuse because he was good. Mr Beeby was less impressed with that comment. :smile:

The match atmosphere was muted in the Director's Box compared with the rest of the ground but the professionalism of the whole event out-weighed the lack of abuse and chanting and if anyone has the money it was well worth the cost to try it. ( I know I didn't have to pay).

Watched today's match from the Director's Box as a guest of Bernie, boss of Recycle Print and Design of Rochford.

Had a 3 course meal in the Platinum Suite that was wonderful ---- waitress service with a smile --- even when we asked for the Julie Walters special "Two Soups" which was delivered to the table without spilling a drop. 3 courses of food in a packed Lounge hosted by David Crown with visits by Brian Dear and Steve Kavanagh.

Ladies in the Director's Box were given blankets to keep their knees warm -- even though I am old they wouldn't give me a blanket !

At half time had a long chat with Richard Beeby and John Singh, two referees who have performed at the Hall many times. I apologised to Mr Beeby for the amount of abuse I gave him at every match, I think he was impressed with my confession. I told John Singh the he didn't get abuse because he was good. Mr Beeby was less impressed with that comment. :smile:

The match atmosphere was muted in the Director's Box compared with the rest of the ground but the professionalism of the whole event out-weighed the lack of abuse and chanting and if anyone has the money it was well worth the cost to try it. ( I know I didn't have to pay).

Ah Richard Beeby ! Did you ask him about the day he blew his Premiership career ?

It was the Barnet away Cup-tie at Old Trafford when Richard Beeby ruined the match and the day out for 5,000 Barnet fans (where have they gone now?) by sending their keeper off for catching a bouncing ball just outside the area where there was no goal threat after anout 4 minutes. The appeal was upheld and Beeby, who was clearly Premiership bound and had been given a few Premiership matches to do, saw his top flight career disappear with one incorrect flourish of a red card.

(with some justification, he probably thought that was what was expected of Premiership referees at Old Trafford!)

Was Jarnail Singh the assessor? Hopefully they wouldn't have told you what they thought of today's referee. For me, he was the least impressive of all the "first year" referees I've seen this season.

I enjoyed my visit to the Platinum suite/Directors' Box on Tuesday. And at £25 (only a one course meal) it was very good vaue for money.

Ken, I for one am gutted, you got me all excited.
Rich and famous! I thought it was gonna be a buy out buy Lord sugar and Lady GaGa

Ken, I for one am gutted, you got me all excited.
Rich and famous! I thought it was gonna be a buy out buy Lord sugar and Lady GaGa

There was a lady there who was the spit of Gemma Craven the actress, but under the terms of my bail conditions I mustn't approach ladies so I didn't ask if it was her. Our ex-CEO Tara Brady was there and some bloke celebrating his 60th birthday.

Directors box is good. But prefer the blues lounge. Great laugh in there today. Dress code in the directors a tad vexing

There was a lady there who was the spit of Gemma Craven the actress, but under the terms of my bail conditions I mustn't approach ladies so I didn't ask if it was her. Our ex-CEO Tara Brady was there and some bloke celebrating his 60th birthday.

Did you ask Ms Craven being a local girl if she was a fan?
and more importantly if she had any cash?

"No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which".

Animal Farm.

I saw the film "Animal Farm". Women and horses, dogs and chickens. Didn't hear that line in the film.

They're the famous last lines of the novel.Just a bit of fun about the dangers of too close an association.:winking:
FWIW,my best mate in Southend sits in the DB.I don't think it's affected his outlook in any way, whatsoever.

They're the famous last lines of the novel.Just a bit of fun about the dangers of too close an association.:winking:
FWIW,my best mate in Southend sits in the DB.I don't think it's affected his outlook in any way, whatsoever.

If you have to explain it, the point is lost !

sorry, who was rich and who was famous?

Back