• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great News! Roots Hall plans approved

flipping wicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicely done guys in a Tory-controlled council. No pressure on the Labour government-controlled inspector to pass the new stadium then :p

Indeed. Now wait for the howl of the NIMBYs... ;)

Posted by: Godsworth, Hockley on Today
[bold]David[/bold] wrote: An absolute joke, no real enquiry. We do not want this. I do not know of anyone who agrees with these plans. I can only surmise that someone or some people are earning something out of this. No doubt in my mind it was all agreed beforehand. Let us hope that the football stadium plan is rejected - oh silly me perhaps someone else will be earning out of this as well. I shall rephrase that - I suspect that something untoward has happened here but as I cannot prove it I must only air my suspicions.
Jog on NIMBY UP THE BLUES!!!!!

David wrote:
An absolute joke, no real enquiry. We do not want this. I do not know of anyone who agrees with these plans.

I can only surmise that someone or some people are earning something out of this. No doubt in my mind it was all agreed beforehand.

Let us hope that the football stadium plan is rejected - oh silly me perhaps someone else will be earning out of this as well.

I shall rephrase that - I suspect that something untoward has happened here but as I cannot prove it I must only air my suspicions.

Jog on NIMBY

UP THE BLUES!!!!!

Told him!!!!!!!!

Indeed. Now wait for the howl of the NIMBYs... ;)

What are the plans exactly ?

Have to say the original plans for 7 storey blocks of flats made me question the level of development and I was certainly one hoping they wouldnt get agreed.

I really dont want to see huge blocks of flats sprouting up anywhere in Southend and I know the scale was objected to originally.

Told him!!!!!!!!

not exactly sure calling him a NIMBY is even required.. seeing as he lives in hockley apparently!! he keeps on saying people will get something out of this, yep the local community around the RH area, the town southend for having more retail, homes and a successful football team

not exactly sure calling him a NIMBY is even required.. seeing as he lives in hockley apparently!! he keeps on saying people will get something out of this, yep the local community around the RH area, the town southend for having more retail, homes and a successful football team

Did I not tell you to keep away from me

Whatever the rights and wrongs it still breaks my heart to think of Roots Hall, the stadium us supporters funded and help build, be nothing more than another faceless retail outlet. I'm feeling very maudling at this moment in time.

Tut tut Mr. Pubey, read the posts properly! The person who quoted was from Rochford, the poster of the original comment is from Southend. :p

Tut tut Mr. Pubey, read the posts properly! The person who quoted was from Rochford, the poster of the original comment is from Southend. :p

sorry i cant open the echo page at work, some macromedia thing.

anyway i think the RH area needs regenerating and that plans in place will be of a benefit to the local community

Back