• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great opening lines to songs...

Pubey

I was listening to some Arab Strap in the car today and love the opening line (and all the lines) to My Favourite Muse.

"I pulled the ex last night."

[video=youtube;La6qctvT4Uc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La6qctvT4Uc[/video]

Any other favourites?

"she was just seventeen, if you know what I mean"

I Saw Her Standing There by The Beatles. Still sounds great now, must have been pretty shocking back in the early 60s.

And as a Canvey boy, I love the start to All Through The City by Dr Feelgood, really evocative of arriving back at The Estuary after a long night

"Stand and watch the towers, burning at the break of day"

Good thread by the way!

I was listening to some Arab Strap in the car today and love the opening line (and all the lines) to My Favourite Muse.

"I pulled the ex last night."

[video=youtube;La6qctvT4Uc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La6qctvT4Uc[/video]

Any other favourites?
I like the fact that the Bell End Sebastian song 'Boy with the Arab Strap' is about one of them.

I once saw Arab Strap play at the tiny Covent Garden Rough Trade shop and Moffat was really freaked about being right in the face of the audience and spent a long time debating whether to stand or sit then when singing 'I ****ed her on the sofa' or whatever that line is he mumbled the f word so it was in audible - was funny to see such a foul mouthed tyke so visibly shy about his own words.

[SUP]
opening line prob Roy Orbison 'In Dreams':
Some people call me the candy coloured sandman
tiptoeing softly through the night...

mid song line Bob Tilton 'Butterfly':
If I hold the needle steady, we can sew our eyes shut

the singer would pretty much have a breakdown on stage, fascinating to watch, and he would write pure poetry and scream it out. I'd love them to reform.[/SUP]

Hello darkness, my old friend. I've come to talk with you again - Simon and Garfunkel, The Sound of Silence

I don't like you, but I love you - Smokey Robinson, You Really Got A Hold On Me

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine - Patti Smith, Gloria

You can tell by the way I use my walk I'm a woman's man. No time to talk -The Bee Gees, Stayin' Alive

I met her in a club down in old Soho where they drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry cola – The Kinks, Lola

You never close you eyes any more when I kiss your lips - Righteous Brothers, You've Lost That Loving Feeling

I’ll be your mirror, reflect what you are in case you don’t know - The Velvet Underground, I'll Be Your Mirror

People try to put us down, just because we get around - The Who, My Generation

Back