• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nick Prawnby

First XI
We must have seen some goals from the opposition which stick in the memory...........

I remember Exeter City at the Hall, October 1983, Gerry Francis was their player/manager.
Ex-England captain, QPR, Spurs.

Pouring with rain, gale blowing, he picked up the ball in his own half.
A couple of shimmies, the defenders backed off, so from 30 yards he screamed it into the top corner.

Dunno why, but that's one I always remember.

We lost 3-0 in front of 2,300.

Any of you there?

Junior Agogo for Bristol Rovers at RH. Not sure what season it was. But it was a peach that I actually applauded.

DJ Campbell, for Brentford, in January 2006. Half volley from waaaaay out.

We won 4-1 though so it was all fine.

Aren't things grim enough as it is without revelling in the goals we've conceeded, a decent subject matter don't get me wrong .. but probably just better suited for when we're 8 points clear at the top with 3 games left

Junior Agogo for Bristol Rovers at RH. Not sure what season it was. But it was a peach that I actually applauded.

2003/04 I think - it was the area final second leg against Bristol Rovers. Good hit.

Paul Birch for Wolves circa 1991 is one that sticks in my mind

2003/04 I think - it was the area final second leg against Bristol Rovers. Good hit.

Paul Birch for Wolves circa 1991 is one that sticks in my mind

Ahhh yes, I remember that one as well. The one that left the crossbar shaking for about 10 minutes?!

Richard Sneekes for Bolton springs to mind, but can't remember if this was the game we did them 5-2 circa 1994.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best ones I saw at the Hall were both scored by Alan Curtis of Swansea back in the late 70's I think. We lost 2-0 under lights and Swansea had a green and red striped kit that made your eyes go funny. Both goals were from about 30 yards, were absolute scorchers and warmly applauded by everyone in the ground.

Just showed Zola's against us for Burton on Soccer AM, that was pretty good. Incidentally, they had Mohsni's long range one as our best of the season so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
DJ Campbell, for Brentford, in January 2006. Half volley from waaaaay out.

We won 4-1 though so it was all fine.
yes yes yes. i think it was direct from a goal kick or a long clearance. it dropped over his shoulder and he hit it on the half volley from miles out. incredible goal and one i've never managed to find a video of

yes yes yes. i think it was direct from a goal kick or a long clearance. it dropped over his shoulder and he hit it on the half volley from miles out. incredible goal and one i've never managed to find a video of

I presume you don't have the seasons highlights DVD pubes, always worth a watch when you're feeling Blue

kinkladze for Man City about 1996 goodness knows how many Southend players he beat before scoring

steve butler goal against us at the hall against Maidstone lost 1-0.
Corner swung in from north west corner and butler did looping overhead kick

Back