• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great question on Radio Five today

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
I was driving back from Dundee to Aberdeen this afternoon and listening to Radio 5.

One of the questions was if you could sign a player from your Clubs PAST.....who would it be?

The deal is that they would be at the same level as they were in there hay day for your club.

For me....it would with out a doubt be Brett Angel, a born goal poacher and scorer, always there when there was a lose ball of swooping corner coming in from Scully.

He was with the Blues between 90 and 93 putting in 115 appearances and bagging 47 goals.

Spinner in his heyday (or even early on in his second spell at the club) would be somewhat handy right now. that or er, Mark Gower, or Nicky Bailey..

I was going to go for Stan or Freddy but thought that i would leave that to the younger contingent as they would not have had the joy of watching Edinburgh, Scully, Angel, Ansah, Austin....Etc

Thanks, I'm in the younger contingent :)

Amazed you didn't go for Billy Best, that was your teenage years wasn't it :D

As good as Angell was Collymore was the one who played for England....

That is a fair comment and the stats would bolster your point but i would always wonder....would Stan have sustained his prolific scoring ability over a longer period for the Blues?

Brett =115 appearances and bagging 47 goals.
Stan = 30 appearances and bagging 15 goals

I remember years ago watching a video of some away game or another, and the commentator called him Bert Angle throughout the whole match

Anyone else recall this ?? And if so do they remember the opponents ?? I'm sure it was a Northern bloke .. possibly Sheffield United / Huddersfield ???

Back