• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badgershrimp

Schoolboy
Dear Fellow Shrimper.

May I ask you all to try to get to the Rovers v Southend pre-season friendly match at Burroughs Park on Tuesday 12th July 2011, kick-off 7:45pm
Last year I lost a great friend Martin Cranmer who followed Southend everywhere, rain or shine, top or bottom of the league. I put on a memorial match for Martin at Burroughs Park and must say Great Wakering Rovers Football Club pulled out all the stops to make the event happen and they did it free of charge, I would like to pay them back for their kindness.
I know how difficult it is for non-league football clubs, particularly Rovers who survive on gates of less than 100. If we could get a big Southend support to the game it would help keep the club going for a whole season.

If you can see you way to get to Burroughs Park for the game it will be much appreciated.

Many thanks - Brian

I will post admission prices as soon as I know them - Once again thank-you.

Thanks for that Brian, I am sure there will be good support especially if there is a chance of Neil Harris appearing at some stage.

i will be attending but the team will only be a squad made up of mostly youngsters.

I'm not going -it's another night game at a ground where. whenever I go there for a night game I get bitten to death by gnats!

My group of mates always enjoy this fixture too.Gt Wakering are always very welcoming and supportive of events such as Martin's memorial which we attended as well. It's a very enjoyable way (gnats excepted) to start warming up for the season ahead and the fact that their grub is top nosh just adds to the attraction ;-)

Dear Fellow Shrimper.

May I ask you all to try to get to the Rovers v Southend pre-season friendly match at Burroughs Park on Tuesday 12th July 2011, kick-off 7:45pm
Last year I lost a great friend Martin Cranmer who followed Southend everywhere, rain or shine, top or bottom of the league. I put on a memorial match for Martin at Burroughs Park and must say Great Wakering Rovers Football Club pulled out all the stops to make the event happen and they did it free of charge, I would like to pay them back for their kindness.
I know how difficult it is for non-league football clubs, particularly Rovers who survive on gates of less than 100. If we could get a big Southend support to the game it would help keep the club going for a whole season.

If you can see you way to get to Burroughs Park for the game it will be much appreciated.

Many thanks - Brian

I will post admission prices as soon as I know them - Once again thank-you.

I played in that game - though I did get nutmegged by Andy Edwards lol!

Was proud to play in that game.

A wee birdie told me that all first team players will play a half each in both arranged friendlies the other game is Dartford hope loads of supporters turn up the manager likes seeing the small teams benefit

A wee birdie told me that all first team players will play a half each in both arranged friendlies the other game is Dartford hope loads of supporters turn up the manager likes seeing the small teams benefit
Your wee birdie is telling us something we probably mostly all expected!

Go along to Burroughs just make sure you've eaten plenty of marmite and sprayed yourself liberally with insect repellant! It's always a good night.....as long as the generator doesn't pack up! :winking:

Thanks for all the messages of support for the match. It would be great if Neil Harris played some part in the match particularly as he was once a Rovers junior player.

I always try and make it to the pre-season friendlies against the 'smaller' clubs. Every time I have been Wakering the supporters and staff have been very friendly and accomodating. I will definately be trying my best to go again!

Im going.like a trip down too Wakering,missed it last couple seasons.

I'm not going -it's another night game at a ground where. whenever I go there for a night game I get bitten to death by gnats!

Try using some insect repellent.

Admission prices for the Rovers v Southend match have been set as follows. Adults £5 Under 16s £3. Hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Back