• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great win but we're still going down...

...OR ARE WE?

As one who boldly called the Luton away match a must-win game, it's time to ask the question again.

Can we do this?

Again, 50-51 seems to be the points target. So with 21 points from 27 played so far, it seems we need another 30 points from the remaining 19 games.

Having accumulated 0.77 points per game so far, we now need to start collecting an average of 1.57.  (Never mind, prior to our drawn Luton game we were needing an average of 1.67 per game).

It's true enough that our failure to beat Luton meant missing the chance to bring them directly into our relegation battle. But there's otherwise been much to cheer about.

Leicester.27 32 -8
Luton.....27 31 -10
QPR.......27 30 -7
Hull........27 27 -11
Barnsley..27 26 -18
Leeds.....27 24 -22
SUFC......27 21 -23

The best news is that we still have to play each of the six teams above us. Five of them we face at home (Leicester, Luton, QPR, Barnsley, and Leeds) while only once must we face a 6-pointer away (Hull).

Gain 3 points from those definitely winnable key games against our rivals and we'll need to take an absolute maximum of 12 points from the other 13 games!!!

Of course, that in itself is far easier said than done and there's many a tale yet to be told this season, but ladies and gentleman, whether or not we stay in this League is entirely in our own hands.

After an awesome 2006, we're now unbeaten in 2007!

Birmingham and Wolves home defeats
Southampton and West Brom home wins
Norwich and Coventry - good away points

Are we going down?
The top two were probably our worst performances of the season and the second two our best.

Probably depends on which team turns up on the day

Next three games are very tough Cardiff away, Derby at home and Brum away, I think we can get a result at Cardiff they are struggling at the moment and I would take anything out of the other two!

We have given ourselves a decent chance but I still think we might have to much to do.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Jan. 01 2007,19:22)]Next three games are very tough Cardiff away, Derby at home and Brum away, I think we can get a result at Cardiff they are struggling at the moment and I would take anything out of the other two!

We have given ourselves a decent chance but I still think we might have to much to do.
I was just about to say that

The top two teams and a team some said was the best that they'd seen at the Hall all season

Mind you West Brom who we beat convincingly are 5th in the table

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Jan. 01 2007,19:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Jan. 01 2007,19:22)]Next three games are very tough Cardiff away, Derby at home and Brum away, I think we can get a result at Cardiff they are struggling at the moment and I would take anything out of the other two!

I was just about to say that

The top two teams and a team some said was the best that they'd seen at the Hall all season

Mind you West Brom who we beat convincingly are 5th in the table
Yeah and Southampton who are in the top 6 aswell.

We definitely shouldn't be where we are given the wins against Southampton and WBA. The thrashing by Brum was after our major effort at Spurs, so I felt our boys looked jaded on the day.

However, Luton have proved that Birmingham can be beaten, and we should go there expecting a point minimum. I do feel with one decent player to partner Freddy up front we now have a team that are finally starting to gel. I think we can now go on a run and stay up; but I feel we should chuck the FA cup as we havent got the squad for a decent cup run and would lessen our chances of staying up.

A great effort today: the major improvements being that we battled and did not allow WBA to settle on the ball, and that we varied the attacks instead of straight out to JCR all the time. At last we are starting to have some shots at goal and look what happend JCR scores twice. Come on you Blues!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Jan. 01 2007,19:11)]The best news is that we still have to play each of the six teams above us. Five of them we face at home (Leicester, Luton, QPR, Barnsley, Leeds and Luton) while only once must we face a 6-pointer away (Hull).

!
Would love to play Luton twice at home, but the other relegation strugglers might object...

oops.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Jan. 01 2007,19:11)]The best news is that we still have to play each of the six teams above us. Five of them we face at home (Leicester, Luton, QPR, Barnsley, and Leeds) while only once must we face a 6-pointer away (Hull).

!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Would love to play Luton twice at home, but the other relegation strugglers might object...

oops.gif

biggrin.gif

I never said that!!

See!

tounge.gif

what has tilly done these last few weeks. everythings changed, these last couple weeks (except birmingham) we've been playing as a team and giving it our all. particular players i think have done really well are clarke, jcr and barrett since he has come back.

today was great and it was so good to see a few goals go in for us and especially to come from two unlikely sources. well done lads! and if we keep playing like we have the last few games we have a good chance of staying up!

Back