• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
Chris Powell was always going to return home as Southend United FC manager but the question was when, He has returned to the place he has always called home as a footballer and given the club a new found injection of hope and self belief.
The first game couldn’t of gone any better with a 3-2 victory that was earned by everybody Chris Powell the players and most of all the fans, because as a player it is the fans at Roots Hall that really get your adrenaline going and push you that extra 10%.

The result yesterday was the introduction to the autobiography, now it’s time to turn the page and stick with the book ,Everybody has to show patience on this part of the journey because there will be losses and some indifferent performances along this journey, but what we all must always have at the front of our minds is that Chris Powell wants to build a football Club and not just a Football team, he has a really tough job on his hands but he is convinced that he can do it or he wouldn’t of taken the job.
His first job is to create stability on the field by getting the players confidence back and getting them to understand and play a style of football that Chris believes will get them the results needed to climb the table.
The biggest challenge is of the pitch the club needs a lot of money in order to get a new stadium for the community, so he needs to make the club an attractive proposition for a investor to step in and help transform the club. This does come with results it all so comes with bringing young players through as well and with playing good football that will attract players that are not only driven by the wage packet on offer & off course the fans that I know and remember create that awesome atmosphere at roots hall. Every player that played for the club during my time will say that Southend United was the club they enjoyed playing for the most and that was because the club and fans were united, the players had a great team spirit and thought for one another, this is what Chris Powell is trying to bring back to the club.

So my last words are let’s win together by being together as one.
STRONGER TOGETHER SUFC

Andy Ansah is always at the club in the background. He really loves and cares for SUFC and always has, as you can tell by what he has written above.

Perhaps Andy Ansah should be one off the backroom staff if he isnt already,maybe a scout or promotions officer, because they were great words ,just hope when fns read that they uderstand and during the bad times to come as there will be some they continue to get behind CP and the players,a bit like the KOP didor still do for all i know back in the 70s and 80s,Oh! for a club song like theres .:happy:

Perhaps Andy Ansah should be one off the backroom staff if he isnt already,maybe a scout or promotions officer, because they were great words ,just hope when fns read that they uderstand and during the bad times to come as there will be some they continue to get behind CP and the players,a bit like the KOP didor still do for all i know back in the 70s and 80s,Oh! for a club song like theres .:happy:

I think he's far too busy with his actual work, it is really lovely to hear and read his thoughts though. Top man!

Andy Ansah said:
Andy Ansah
January 28 at 7:25am · London ·

Chris Powell was always going to return home as Southend United FC manager but the question was when, He has returned to the place he has always called home as a footballer and given the club a new found injection of hope and self belief.

The first game couldn’t of gone any better with a 3-2 victory that was earned by everybody Chris Powell the players and most of all the fans, because as a player it is the fans at Roots Hall that really get your adrenaline going and push you that extra 10%.

The result yesterday was the introduction to the autobiography, now it’s time to turn the page and stick with the book ,Everybody has to show patience on this part of the journey because there will be losses and some indifferent performances along this journey, but what we all must always have at the front of our minds is that Chris Powell wants to build a football Club and not just a Football team, he has a really tough job on his hands but he is convinced that he can do it or he wouldn’t of taken the job.

His first job is to create stability on the field by getting the players confidence back and getting them to understand and play a style of football that Chris believes will get them the results needed to climb the table.

The biggest challenge is off the pitch the club needs a lot of money in order to get a new stadium for the community, so he needs to make the club an attractive proposition for a investor to step in and help transform the club. This does come with results it all so comes with bringing young players through as well and with playing good football that will attract players that are not only driven by the wage packet on offer & off course the fans that I know and remember create that awesome atmosphere at roots hall. Every player that played for the club during my time will say that Southend United was the club they enjoyed playing for the most and that was because the club and fans were united, the players had a great team spirit and thought for one another, this is what Chris Powell is trying to bring back to the club.

So my last words are let’s win together by being together as one.

STRONGER TOGETHER SUFC

That is an interesting comment. :stunned:

Last edited:
Back