• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Greatest Essex Overseas Player

Mark Waugh?

No, unless you include extra runs for style?

Oh Oh Oh - is it Tim Southee?

Good guess as I think he might have crept in in the early part of his career but he's struggled to take wickets in recent years and his bowling average looks a little ugly.

One Day Bowling - Andre Nel?

I'd forgotten about his Essex spell. but he averages 27.68. Respectable but not top 50.

Cook maybe? know his strike rate is poor but average might be ok?
Tendo? He'll have played rubbish sides mostly

Cook maybe? know his strike rate is poor but average might be ok?
Tendo? He'll have played rubbish sides mostly

What one are you nominating Tendo for?

I'm struggling on the bowlers:

Such?

Another guess on the Batsman:

Ryder?

Is this for ODIs? I don't think Such played ODIs.
He's not the test bowler either.

Ryder's not a bad guess but he was more of a high strike-rate than a high average batsman.

Amla has to be one of the batsmen, mate just reminded me when I asked him

:Clap:

What one are you nominating Tendo for?

Is this for ODIs? I don't think Such played ODIs.
He's not the test bowler either.

Ryder's not a bad guess but he was more of a high strike-rate than a high average batsman.

:Clap:

Tendo, for both? haha I was going batman but now you've said that I think it might be bowler

Such was just me trying to find someone obscure, it's bound to be someone that doesn't some to mind.

At least I got one

Tendo, for both?

Is the right answer :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

The World's greatest all-rounder.

Ranks 1st for ODI Batting Average and 33rd for ODI Bowling average in the all-time list

Is Border in for his bowling??

Like your thinking - didn't he once get 6 for not many in tests - but doesn't qualify in tests and averages a highly respectable 28.36 as a bowler in ODIs.

Back