• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Greens have more members than Lib/Dems & UKIP

Also has anybody looked at the criteria for membership? prices etc....

Greens....
Membership Rates

Join the Green Party today from as little as £5 a year!

Full time student: £5.00
Individual Unwaged: £10.50
Joint Unwaged: £14.00
Individual Waged: £31.00
Joint Waged: £41.00
Individual Life: £400.00
Joint Life: £530.00

------------------------------------------------

UKIP

New Membership
Membership Type (please choose one)
1 year £30
5 years £125
Under 22 - 1 year £2
Armed Forces - 1 year £5

------------------------------------------

Lib Dems

That appears to be a pay what you want setup

Think they're unlikely to do better than maybe winning a second seat myself.

The sort of amnesty you mention has been widely practised in the US and also here in Spain.

Incidentally,"She also said the party did not have an open-door policy on immigration, but those who have a right to immigrate should be entitled to exercise that right. She also questioned why Germany had been willing to take 20,000 refugees from Syria, and the UK figure was in the low hundreds.

I make her right on both counts.

I was also struck by this comment of hers on immigration:-

"She said public opposition to immigration stemmed from “low wages, expensive housing or crowded schools or hospitals – all these things are caused by failed government policies and not immigration”.

That's the most sensible comment I've seen by any politician on this topic ,so far this year.

This is classic left wing comment before thinking. Germany is aprox 40% larger than the UK with a aprox 13% higher population. Are you honestly making the point that because an amnesty policy has worked in the US (huge country) and Spain (50% bigger than the UK with 20% less population) that it would work here Barna?

The UK is full. That's the be all and end all of it. Social infrastructure is straining to cope at every level and this daft old bint want's a more or less open door policy on immigration and free movement of foreigners to our shores. Dangerous and so out of touch with the vast majority of the population it's scary.

This is classic left wing comment before thinking. Germany is aprox 40% larger than the UK with a aprox 13% higher population. Are you honestly making the point that because an amnesty policy has worked in the US (huge country) and Spain (50% bigger than the UK with 20% less population) that it would work here Barna?

The UK is full. That's the be all and end all of it. Social infrastructure is straining to cope at every level and this daft old bint want's a more or less open door policy on immigration and free movement of foreigners to our shores. Dangerous and so out of touch with the vast majority of the population it's scary.

As far as the Syrian refugee situation is concerned, there are good humanitarian grounds for saying that the UK should increase its present paltry intake of refugees.

The idea that the UK is full,is of course,classic right-wing nonsense.The present govenment is quite hapy with the idea of attracting more and more young EU citizens to the UK to take adantage of the low wage,zero hour contract.full employment policies not available elsewhere in the Euro zone, yet.

(That might change if the ECB goes ahead with plans for Q/E.

Spain's President Rajoy has promised the creation of two million jobs in the Spain, within the next two years, for example.That would only happen if job creation here followed the UK's low wage,zero hour contracts model in the private sector).

Last edited:
As far as the Syrian refugee situation is concerned, there are good humanitarian grounds for saying that the UK should increase its present paltry intake of refugees.

The idea that the UK is full,is of course,classic right-wing nonsense.The present govenment is quite hapy with the idea of attracting more and more young EU citizens to the UK to take adantage of the low wage,zero hour contract.full employment policies not available elsewhere in the Euro zone, yet.

Spain's President Rajoy has promised the creation of two million jobs in the Spain, within the next two years, for example.That would only happen if job creation here followed the UK's low wage,zero hour conracts model in the private sector).

No thanks!

Spending 240 billion to give everyone a extra 76 quid a week is a sensible policy eh? Go and sit down, your warm milk is on its way.

Pehaps you could tell me how much the Bank of England has spent on quantitative easing over the last few years?

That money is currently sloshing around in the Banks and is not being passed on to businesses or to the British public.

In order to reduce the deficit there's a need for some imaginative solutions to liquidity problems.That's exactly what the Greens are attempting here.

At least if ordinary British families had some money they'd probably spend it right away.That exactly what the banks aren't doing.

(Btw,I don't take milk in my coffee or tea but am quite partial to some in my morning muesli).:smile:

Spain's President Rajoy has promised the creation of two million jobs in the Spain, within the next two years, for example.That would only happen if job creation here followed the UK's low wage,zero hour conracts model in the private sector).

No thanks!

No thanks to what exactly? :unsure:

Spain's President Rajoy has promised the creation of two million jobs in the Spain, within the next two years, for example.That would only happen if job creation here followed the UK's low wage,zero hour contracts model in the private sector).

No Thanks!

Pehaps you could tell me how much the Bank of England has spent on quantitative easing over the last few years?

That money is currently sloshing around in the Banks and is not being passed on to businesses or to the British public.

In order to reduce the deficit there's a need for some imaginative solutions to liquidity problems.That's exactly what the Greens are attempting here.

At least if ordinary British families had some money they'd probably spend it right away.That exactly what the banks aren't doing.

(Btw,I don't take milk in my coffee or tea but am quite partial to some in my morning muesli).:smile:

Muesli, the breakfast of Patriots. And be assured that if I ever made you a cup of tea or coffee then milk would be the last thing to go into it. If you get my drift.

Barna... You don't fekin live here you dope. Your opinion amounts to diddly squat. What do you know about whether it's full or not. Are you here living it on a daily basis? NO. do you have first hand experience of what's it's like living here under the strain of an open door immigration policy? Again NO. Until you can answer yes to either of those two questions I suggest you keep your I'll informed left wing bilge to yourself. Better still, cut your fingers off.

Barna... You don't fekin live here you dope. Your opinion amounts to diddly squat. What do you know about whether it's full or not. Are you here living it on a daily basis? NO. do you have first hand experience of what's it's like living here under the strain of an open door immigration policy? Again NO. Until you can answer yes to either of those two questions I suggest you keep your I'll informed left wing bilge to yourself. Better still, cut your fingers off.

I certainly don't live in the Uk anymore.

But I do make reasonably regular visits back, (usually at least two or three a year).

I really wonder if anything much has changed in Westcliff or London since I was last over in late December? :unsure:

Last edited:
I certainly don't live in the Uk,fortunately for me.

But I do make reasonably regular visits back (usually at least two or three a year).

Thank you for confirming my point. You don't live here. Thus your argument as to what it's like to live here day in and day out is null and void and your opinions are pointless.

And thank you for highlighting my spelling mistake. I've reciprocated and highlighted your grammatical error. Just to keep things even.

To be fair there are lots of discussions on here about things happening in other countries that we all discuss without having first hand knowledge of them and plenty of people give opinions on matches that they haven't been to.

From those comments I think it is clear you don't understand what QE and the deficit are.

the Greens' policies are just nuts. They want to abolish economic growth (it promotes consumerism and environmental degradation) and also spend an additional £240bn.

essentially the Greens want everyone to be poorer in absolute terms but equally so. Hence Natalie Bennett's comment that it is better to be poor in India than the UK because most people are poor in India.

capitalism and markets have overseen the biggest increase in the standard of living for the most people on the planet ever. Absolute poverty is plummeting, life expectancy rising and living standards catching up rapidly in the developing world. These nutters want us to go back to tilling fields and controlling what we eat.

Back