• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Greens have more members than Lib/Dems & UKIP

Unless you're actually a voter for the Greens, I'm not sure why you're wanting to split the left vote? If Cameron wants the Greens at the debate, doesn't that prove my point?

Unless you're actually a voter for the Greens, I'm not sure why you're wanting to split the left vote? If Cameron wants the Greens at the debate, doesn't that prove my point?

I've certainly voted for the Greens (in coalition with IU) in Spain many times before now, at the expense of the PSOE.

I'd certainly consider voting for the Greens in any UK constituency, if I thought they were more to the left than the Labour candidate.

I suspect many people on the left in the UK would share this opinion.

Last edited:

Isn't Cameron saying he wants the Greens involved more of a ploy to try and get out of the TV debates?

They have an MP and regularly poll in the 6-7% range. I think they should be in.

Isn't Cameron saying he wants the Greens involved more of a ploy to try and get out of the TV debates?

They have an MP and regularly poll in the 6-7% range. I think they should be in.

I'm surprised no-one has spotted the obvious reason as to why Cameron wants the Greens involved. The Greens won't take votes off the Tories simply because left leaning people wouldn't vote for them in the first place but as Labour and the Lib Dems are more to the left, that's where the Greens are likely to pick up from. With them in the debates it's going to take a little of the heat off him.

I'm surprised no-one has spotted the obvious reason as to why Cameron wants the Greens involved. The Greens won't take votes off the Tories simply because left leaning people wouldn't vote for them in the first place but as Labour and the Lib Dems are more to the left, that's where the Greens are likely to pick up from. With them in the debates it's going to take a little of the heat off him.

It also gives him a good excuse not to debate with UKIP's leader-which is what he's clearly afraid of.

I'm surprised no-one has spotted the obvious reason as to why Cameron wants the Greens involved. The Greens won't take votes off the Tories simply because left leaning people wouldn't vote for them in the first place but as Labour and the Lib Dems are more to the left, that's where the Greens are likely to pick up from. With them in the debates it's going to take a little of the heat off him.[/QUOTE

Post seven in the TV election debates thread perhaps...:whistling:

Post seven in the TV election debates thread perhaps...:whistling:
or post 2 in this thread.

Invite the Greens, certainly not ...... they moan to much. How about the blues or even the west stand.

Membership numbers for UKIP, the Greens, the SNP and the Lib Dem's are all rising.

But the Green have more members than UKIP or the Lib/Dems.

Yep, they do. But isn't it interesting that the Libs are seeing their membership numbers increasing despite the obvious obstacles they are facing. I will wager that the Greens may just about hang on to Brighton Pavilion but not make second anywhere else.

Some more Green party news-for those who think they have no sensible policies.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jan/18/green-party-citizens-income-natalie-bennett-benefit

One of the most bonkers policies I've ever heard of. How much would that cost??

Another one of the Green's policies is to allow illegal immigrants who have been in the UK for over 5 years to stay.

They are dangerous and should not be regarded as a 'nice' party. On the positive side if they stop Labour from getting into government then I'm all for them!

One of the most bonkers policies I've ever heard of. How much would that cost??

Another one of the Green's policies is to allow illegal immigrants who have been in the UK for over 5 years to stay.

They are dangerous and should not be regarded as a 'nice' party. On the positive side if they stop Labour from getting into government then I'm all for them!

Think they're unlikely to do better than maybe winning a second seat myself.

The sort of amnesty you mention has been widely practised in the US and also here in Spain.

Incidentally,"She also said the party did not have an open-door policy on immigration, but those who have a right to immigrate should be entitled to exercise that right. She also questioned why Germany had been willing to take 20,000 refugees from Syria, and the UK figure was in the low hundreds.

I make her right on both counts.

I was also struck by this comment of hers on immigration:-

"She said public opposition to immigration stemmed from “low wages, expensive housing or crowded schools or hospitals – all these things are caused by failed government policies and not immigration”.

That's the most sensible comment I've seen by any politician on this topic ,so far this year.

Back