• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Manager

formerly Libertine
It's been ages since I've posted on here, not that I've stopped supporting of course. I still read the forum regularly but not being able to watch the team I find it hard to contribute with anything meaningful.

But have to express my delight (and suprise if I'm honest) at being top of the league so had to make a comment. I find myself usually watching our games by refreshing the BBC website on my phone at all sorts of funny hours, not ideal but at least it keeps me there in spirit.

Finding all the discussion about our playing style fascinating as well. Quite frankly I don't care how we win football matches as long as we do, if it takes being a bit more DIRECT to get out of this league then so be it. Of course ideally we'd evolve a style that won games and was passing, pretty football but it isn't an ideal world so however we do it is fine by me.

My 3 year old lad regularly wears his Southend kit to football (Little Kickers) on Saturday mornings and whilst he watches and supports his local team (as he should in my opinion) he is very much a Shrimper as well. Looking forward to our next trip back and taking him to his first ever Southend match.

Fired up for the start of the A-League this weekend and have to say Brisbane were a joy to watch last season in winning the league, are still 28 matches unbeaten and have an Asian Champions League campaign to look forward to. I've embraced the team and love going to games here, great stadium and a lovely style of play. But rest assured, if Southend ever make a trip over here for a game I'll be wearing blue not orange and be in the away end without a shadow of a doubt and that will always be the case for as long as I draw breath.

If any Shrimpers ever find themselves in this part of the world then please get in touch, would be happy to show anyone around the city and have a chat about the team over a cold beer.

In the meantime though please keep giving the lads a shout from me.

Up The Blues!

So in other words we've won a few games so you're hopping back on the bandwagon

welcome aboard sir :whistling: :raspberry:

Back