• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Bantam

Hi there. I'm an Essex native - born at Orsett Hospital and lived in Grays - who went to Bradford University, aged 24, in 1980 and never came back.

I actively followed West Ham through the 70s and I'm still an armchair Hammer, so I guess I'm due some stick on this board from more than one direction.

I've been watching Bradford City on and off since the mid-80s and I've had a season ticket since 1996 (only £149 this season :smile:). What a ride! Premier League; three relegations; two administrations; six years in the khazi; promotion and League Cup final in one season; beaten five Premier league sides since 2012/13 - Wigan, Arsenal, Villa, Sunderland and, of course, Chelski (which probably beats West Ham v Arsenal in the 1980 FA Cup Final as my best-ever footballing day).

Parkinson is the Special One! :Worthy::facepalm::smile:

Welcome along. With you still needing two points to be sure of the playoffs and us not exactly busting a gut, I'm sure you'll be in a fine mood come 4:50pm on Saturday!

(I actually backed Bratfud for a top six finish this season, so am kind of pleased that there is nothing riding on this game - a couple of months ago I was looking at this fixture fearing it could be a big one.)

It certainly is a big one for us. I hope you're right about my mood at 4.50 on Saturday. We are in fine spirits after the drubbing of Wallsall but this has banana skin written all over it in my book. We're Bradford City - we do it the hard way; we lost twice to Colchester this season ferchrissakes!

Back