• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Greg Dyke

mrsblue

Banned
Watching Greg yesterday,he said FIFA have been bent for 40 years,hmmm why on earth did the FA spend 21 million in trying to win the WC bid,which Blatter admitted yesterday that Russia was getting it before the bidding process began.

Sickening.

Watching Greg yesterday,he said FIFA have been bent for 40 years,hmmm why on earth did the FA spend 21 million in trying to win the WC bid,which Blatter admitted yesterday that Russia was getting it before the bidding process began.

Sickening.

Because, prior to the FBI being able to stand the accusations up via a Chuck Blazer-enforced wiretap, there'd have been a public outcry, particularly from the tabloids, if the FA was to simply write off ever going for a World Cup while FIFA was still in the same guise.

How long have the FA been bent for then?

As much as I agree with him, Greg Dyke calling FIFA bent is a bit rich and I don't think people who live in glass houses should be consistently throwing stones.

As much as I agree with him, Greg Dyke calling FIFA bent is a bit rich and I don't think people who live in glass houses should be consistently throwing stones.

That's news to me. Wow.

Please give evidence of how bent they are, I genuinely didn't know. I knew they were incompetent, but bent?

I would suggest anyone wants to start accusing anyone or any organisation of doing anything illegal have some pretty good evidence they are.

Libel is not a road we want to go down thanks.

What??? The FA are many things. Bent is not one of them.

What??? The FA are many things. Bent is not one of them.

Well it depends on your definition of 'bent', but the FA weren't angels when bidding for 2018 - friendlies arranged in Trinidad, Warner getting private audiences with the Royal Family, accepting luxuary watches and not declaring them. It might not be seven figure sums wired into bank accounts, but it suggests we were happy to play the game, with a whiff of FA 'amateurism'.

FA also tried to blockade investigative journalists like Jennings who's real target was FIFA, not the FA.

Well it depends on your definition of 'bent', but the FA weren't angels when bidding for 2018 - friendlies arranged in Trinidad, Warner getting private audiences with the Royal Family, accepting luxuary watches and not declaring them. It might not be seven figure sums wired into bank accounts, but it suggests we were happy to play the game, with a whiff of FA 'amateurism'.

FA also tried to blockade investigative journalists like Jennings who's real target was FIFA, not the FA.

It's worth remembeing that Simon Johnson (the lawyer who led the bid for the FA, and also happens to be an old acquaintance of mine from our teenage years - although his wife remembers me more than he does) has already dealt with that issue.

I don't think they are bent, just inept. Nothing showed this up more than the cost and time taken to build the new Wembley compared to the job Arsenal did with The Emirates.

Back