• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Greg Halford signs

You can see in this show reel where Greg plays best, defence and midfield, but that long throw and aerial ability is a great help for the attack side of things. He is also pretty decent in the dark arts of football, and winding the opposition up, he learned from the master, Karl Duguid!

Why do highlights videos always have such awful music?

If he hits form that will be extended, he can be a very good player.
Hi, Col Ewe, Agree Greg Halford good signing,always liked him, when he was with you. Not surprised he got a big money move. He only looks 20 now!
What,s the betting he scores on Boxing Day!,:Hilarious::LoyalSupporter::Clap:
By the way Merry Christmas to one and all.

Hi, Col Ewe, Agree Greg Halford good signing,always liked him, when he was with you. Not surprised he got a big money move. He only looks 20 now!
What,s the betting he scores on Boxing Day!,:Hilarious::LoyalSupporter::Clap:
By the way Merry Christmas to one and all.

Cheers yugmot, yes ex players always seem to score against us, I am standing by to lose 2-0 goals scored by Halford and White:Whistling:

It depends if MM wants to persist with the 3-4-3 or not, if we're playing 3 centre backs every match then we probably need a 5th choice CB for cover.

To me, today showed that his legs have gone and his body can’t quite do what it used to especially at CB

Very harsh red in my opinion, but as the ref had already booked him and the Barrow player was making the most of it, there was little choice but to send him off. It made the game a bit tougher tgan it needed to be, but we hung in there and won ugly!

I agree, would keep him too. Proved versatile and useful in a variety of roles. And seems like a decent person, the apology will go a long way as well. Just hope we can keep hold of him, JW and Macca for the rest of this season. I would also like to think we can get another year at least from John White.

Just hope we can keep hold of him, JW and Macca for the rest of this season. I would also like to think we can get another year at least from John White.
I think both Macca and John will get their contracts extended to the end of the season. We just have to hope John doesn't take another injury on that arm though. Like you I think Greg has some value in the team - we have a good mix of old and young and the youngsters can learn a lot from the older pros.

I'd like him to stay. Think he has experience that could prove vital, and doubt he'd be too expensive. Plus I like a bloke who can apologise.
Once again I find myself agreeing with you having previously been of the opinion he could go. I think publicly apologising and the ability to graciously eat humble pie is a good indicator of character, an therefore I make you right OBL.
If the price is right that is.

I'd like him to stay. Think he has experience that could prove vital, and doubt he'd be too expensive. Plus I like a bloke who can apologise.

I fully agree. GH did not need to apologise however to me this shows that he is a decent professional to have in the dressing room. I still think we need cover and can also be used as an impact sub.
I am not sure what he is like in training but can assume he is a good influence on our younger players.

I fully agree. GH did not need to apologise however to me this shows that he is a decent professional to have in the dressing room. I still think we need cover and can also be used as an impact sub.
I am not sure what he is like in training but can assume he is a good influence on our younger players.
Have to agree and feel the apology will help the younger guys in their progression.
The experienced players seem to be helping the team regardless of being in the starting 11.

MM just needs to speak him and say you won't start very often, but you'll be on the bench and will get minutes as and when needed. If he is happy with that and the money can be agreed. Then its a no brainer. It's not as if we have a cap on our squad size :Winking:

Back