• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Grimsby Town 1-0 Southend United

A change in backroom staff and fresh start takes time . The good thing is there are still enough games to pull us up to safety .Unlike Browns 6 games .Lets hope the new coaches can do it . UTB

At the risk of getting shot, I couldn't believe what I was seeing on social media after the game on Friday. Posts suggesting we should of won and ran the game etc etc. It must be me because I thought we were clueless, boring and gutless.

The one moment of the match that spoke volumes was when Brunt had to tell the rest of the team to start showing something about them and sort themselves out. This is a young young young lad telling 'experienced' (I use that word lightly) what to do and bossing them around. They should be ashamed in my opinion. FYI, this was the bit where they had a throw in right by their corner flag yet our whole team were back in our own half just standing there doing nothing.

Ultimately, if we got a point then I think that wouldn't of been too unfair but simply down to Grimsby not really turning up to be honest. It seemed easy to forget just how many chances they created.

Love John White but my god, he got shown a new arse hole about 12 times during that match.

This is nothing against Maher or the new coaching team, you just cannot polish a **** and we have a squad full of them. Unless we get players in soon, we're goners.

If we're experiencing the 'new management bounce' heaven help us when its over.
I would rather have a few weeks where the management team take their time deciding on who we need at the club to progress than having a couple of wins as the new manager bounce and nothing changing in the squad or in the way the whole structure is defined

At the risk of getting shot, I couldn't believe what I was seeing on social media after the game on Friday. Posts suggesting we should of won and ran the game etc etc. It must be me because I thought we were clueless, boring and gutless.

The one moment of the match that spoke volumes was when Brunt had to tell the rest of the team to start showing something about them and sort themselves out. This is a young young young lad telling 'experienced' (I use that word lightly) what to do and bossing them around. They should be ashamed in my opinion. FYI, this was the bit where they had a throw in right by their corner flag yet our whole team were back in our own half just standing there doing nothing.

Ultimately, if we got a point then I think that wouldn't of been too unfair but simply down to Grimsby not really turning up to be honest. It seemed easy to forget just how many chances they created.

Love John White but my god, he got shown a new arse hole about 12 times during that match.

This is nothing against Maher or the new coaching team, you just cannot polish a **** and we have a squad full of them. Unless we get players in soon, we're goners.
I agree to an extent but it was difficult to put in a more cohesive performance because of injuries in key positions. Clifford, Ralph and Bridge were all unavailable, so the left side was unbalanced. Brunt had a decent game but was limited in terms of his influence on the game playing there, although you could argue that maybe KM should have swapped him and Walsh over.

This had a knock-on effect because with Clifford and Ralph out we had to put someone else at left-back and Demi has experience playing there. With Howard out and Demi having to fill in at LB, that meant someone having to fill in at RB, and that used to be where White played. Sadly White no longer has the ability to deal with pacy wingers. In hindsight maybe Atkinson would have been a better bet.

So the performance was half-decent in the circumstances and we had good spells but were toothless in attack. Our set pieces were abysmal, which didn't help. I think Bridge would have made a difference in terms of quality in the final third, especially if he had Clifford or Ralph behind him, allowing Brunt to move more centrally.

Bridge being out for a lengthy spell is a huge blow so we need a replacement quickly.

Back