• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Grimsby Town 1-0 Southend United

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Another away trip, another defeat. We did at times sound like we were at least improving but if you don't have any shots on target, it is only going to end one way,

There are still huge problems with the team which must be addressed now if we are not going to drift into oblivion. We just cannot go on losing game after game.
Very depressing stuff.

Over to you guys.

Another away trip, another defeat. We did at times sound like we were at least improving but if you don't have any shots on target, it is only going to end one way,

There are still huge problems with the team which must be addressed now if we are not going to drift into oblivion. We just cannot go on losing game after game.
Very depressing stuff.

Over to you guys.
Kev you embarrassed yourself badly with those substitutions absolutely gutless

Post your ratings here -> https://www.shrimperzone.com/zoneratings/ratings.php?fixture=134

I really want to get behind this management team, but the starting line up to the subs were strange. I hope we have a few signings lined up for next week or we will be lucky to stay up.

Grimsby looked poor second half and could have been there for the taking. Unfortunately we left Murphy isolated up front until the 85th minute and then brought on Dennis to pump long balls to.

Bright points were Brunt and Walsh, who looked like if anything was to happen would come through them. Hobson and Lopata looked decent at the back.

Now onto the poor side. White got rinsed by their winger, he hasn't got the pace or agility to defend 1v1 anymore. Demetriou wasn't as bad, but he barely got targeted because White was so vulnerable. Dunne and Atkinson in midfield make me cry. Both were poor off the ball and even worse on the ball, how it took to 85 minutes to bring Atkinson off is baffling. Ferguson had a couple of good moments on the ball, but was largely unable to get on the ball. Murphy was incredibly frustrated with our "hit-and-hope supply" to him. It either resulted in him losing a 50/50, giving a freekick away for a small touch, or (in the rare case) bringing it down on his chest with a defender all over him.

Last edited:
Grimsby were ****, we were worse. 1 shot from Brunt that just went over the bar. meh

everyone on the pitch too slow of thought and deed.

JW and demi blowing out their arse after 30 mins.

How Murphy didn't get booked for arguing I don't know

Becoming deja vu of the last two seasons.

We can all see we are not good enough, we could have played all night and we would never have scored. All the same noises about fresh faces being needed and still we wait.

The end result could sadly be the same.

As for the subs today, I am at a loss to understand them. Kev quite rightly deserves time to sort things out but he needs to be called out for making appaling decisons.

Trying to remain positive, but that was the same as so many games over the past three years.

Grimsby were ****, we were worse. 1 shot from Brunt that just went over the bar. meh

everyone on the pitch too slow of thought and deed.

JW and demi blowing out their arse after 30 mins.

How Murphy didn't get booked for arguing I don't know
Certainly slow. When brunt passed the ball with pace and precision it seemed to take everyone else by surprise and they didnt know what to do :(. Too many poor players in the squad.

Gutted. Apart from the first 3 minutes shambolic defending we were completely in the game.

Brunt again was impressive. Murphy offside far too much.

Watched at home, fair play to every Southend fan that went to the game. Loyal supporters.

We’re not good enough, and another week goes by without strengthening the blindingly obvious flaws in this squad. Not here to criticise Kevin, nor Stan, but what has happened to the promise of recruitment? Despite playing slightly better tonight it’s yet another loss for this squad and another dent to their near 0% confidence. Serious questions need to be asked as to where these squad improvements are.

100% fully behind Kev, Darren, Benno and Stan. They’re not stupid. I’m sure they know as well as we do that this squad is absolute toilet. Can only hope we’re working hard on identifying new recruits and getting them over the dotted line.

Hopefully there will be a time very soon where we won’t have to watch the likes of White, Demetriou, Dunne and Atkinson barely tread water for 90mins.

Getting harder and harder to watch the slow death of our club but I genuinely think we’re right back on track with Stan, Tom, Kev and co. Keep the faith Shrimpers ??

Back