• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

IronMike

First XI
Ilford exile, only minutes from Roots Hall' those
Hi Shrimpers fans, I was just about to post on here about the petition, I've wrote on nearly every football club forum, so far got an extra 2,000 extra signatures. :smile:

Would appreciate it if we could get some extra ones from the Shrimps, if you ever need any petition signing, I would go out my way to get them signed for you. :smile:

We have been trying for the last 20 years, but setbacks due to location, nimby's, and funding have set us back.

This is an official petition made by Grimsby Town Football Club over the last few months, which will be handed into our local council for planning permission.

Circa 500 permanent jobs, and 500 temporary construction jobs. For the long term survivability of the club, not only will it help the club, it will help with community projects in Education and Health.

Click Link >> http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/north-east-lincolnshire-council-support-for-a-community-stadium-and-leisure-complex-at-peaks-parkway

Thank you.

Community Stadium and Leisure Complex at Peaks Parkway

Together we can make this happen for the Community of North East Lincolnshire

Community Leisure Complex comprising

• 14000 seat stadium and home of GTFC

• all weather multi-use pitches

• health and wellbeing centre

• education and training centre

• multi-sport potential for rugby, netball, cricket

• car parking (street sports)

• Grimsby Town Sports & Education Trust centre - 2000sqm

- Football in the Community sports participation

- Futsal programme

- NEET provision

- Inclusion & disability projects

- Health & Education

- 163,000 annual aggregate engagement hours

Commercial enabling development comprising

• hotel and restaurants

• petrol filling station

• retail

Economic benefits

• safeguarding GTFC for future generations - 150 jobs

• construction employment - 500 jobs

• new permanent employment circa 500 jobs

• inward investment of £80m

• business centre - 3500sqm

• new business opportunities

• 2000 space car park plus coach spaces (potential Park & Ride)

Last edited:
Get more of a sympathetic response if you used our correct nickname. Morecambe are the Shrimps, we are the ShrimpERS.

MK Shrimper said:
Good man. Signed! Best of luck with it mate. :clap:
Thanks, I've nearly joined every club forum in the league and conference premier now, it's quite good reading other clubs interests and views on whats going on at their clubs including yours.

If you guys ever need backup for a new stadium via a petition, I'll put a good word in on our forums to give you extra signatures no problem, would do it for any club to make sure they survive for the long term future. :thumbsup:

Good luck for the season ahead, doesn't seem that long ago Southend were in the Championship teaching the bigger clubs a lesson in football.

Thanks, I've nearly joined every club forum in the league and conference premier now, it's quite good reading other clubs interests and views on whats going on at their clubs including yours.

If you guys ever need backup for a new stadium via a petition, I'll put a good word in on our forums to give you extra signatures no problem, would do it for any club to make sure they survive for the long term future. :thumbsup:

Good luck for the season ahead, doesn't seem that long ago Southend were in the Championship teaching the bigger clubs a lesson in football.

Seems like a lifetime ago :sad:

Back