• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Grimsby Town v Southend United, Friday 19th November, 1945KO, NL (Live on BT Sport)

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 55 75.3%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 26 35.6%
  • John White

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Kacper Łopata

• Shaun Hobson

Votes: 53 72.6%
  • Nathan Ralph

• Tom Clifford

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 35 47.9%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 36 49.3%
  • Zak Brunt

• Matt Dennis

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 42 57.5%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 51 69.9%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Win

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 42 57.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon when we are inevitably 3-0 down we just have a party in Grimsby instead

If this has been mentioned before, then apologies. If you are not going to Grimsby, not going to a pub that has BT Sport and still want to watch the game live then it is possible to do if you are a NOW TV member. I've just bought a day pass from NOW for £9.99 to watch BT Sport which will give me access to the game.

Interesting this:

“When you get older football changes.

“It’s not like it is when you’re younger when you just go out and play with a smile on your face'.

Apart from the missing comma, I wonder whether Mr H is referring to the likes of White and Demi, maybe even Dunne?

Two of the three carry a lot of baggage from the previous three seasons.
They got torn a new one against Woking, and it must be hard to take.
Dunne had an even worse 2020-21 season than Demi and White. We might have got relegated but we were at least competitive from November onwards.

According to soccerbase in the last 12 months Dunne has played 40 matches and lost 33 of them.

To put that in context in our Kevin Bond/Sol Campbell nightmare season we lost 28 out of 41. So that’s 5 more defeats than the most horrific season in our club history in one less game.

And that’s the guy Brown earmarked to help turn around a losing culture.

I won’t be too disappointed if we only lose by a single goal. If so it will be a step in the right direction, not expecting a massive improvement yet. But just a gutsy display will do for me. COYB

Good luck with that!
The attached makes for sober reading.
Having been there for three games and one postponement would have to agree with the article. Surely one of the bleakest towns in the uk? I struggle to think of any redeeming features. The hotel we stayed in last time I ventured up (when we failed to gain automatic promotion) was awful, as were the natives. Hope never to go back. And we never win there either!

I'm going for a cheeky 1-0 win for Southend snatching the winning goal in the last 5 minutes with a brave header from John White following a defensive masterclass from Southend.

If this has been mentioned before, then apologies. If you are not going to Grimsby, not going to a pub that has BT Sport and still want to watch the game live then it is possible to do if you are a NOW TV member. I've just bought a day pass from NOW for £9.99 to watch BT Sport which will give me access to the game.
You’re managing to access BT Sport on NOW TV? I pay monthly for Sky, but wasn’t aware they had the option for BT?

Al
Having been there for three games and one postponement would have to agree with the article. Surely one of the bleakest towns in the uk? I struggle to think of any redeeming features. The hotel we stayed in last time I ventured up (when we failed to gain automatic promotion) was awful, as were the natives. Hope never to go back. And we never win there either!
Also went to the failed promotion game, don't ever want to set foot in grimsby again ??

You’re managing to access BT Sport on NOW TV? I pay monthly for Sky, but wasn’t aware they had the option for BT?
I did a Google search on how to watch BT Sport on Now TV and I could have bought a monthly or day pass. Presumably the option must be somewhere withing your Sky package? Anyone else on here have any knowledge.

I did a Google search on how to watch BT Sport on Now TV and I could have bought a monthly or day pass. Presumably the option must be somewhere withing your Sky package? Anyone else on here have any knowledge.
It looks like it might only be on offer if you're in Ireland, but not in the UK.

Lopaki lol is that even remotely close to his name
Thank you for the insight.

4 pages of "we are going to get spanked" and a few TV questions yet not a single team selection?
I hope KM and co have more ideas.

And I hope the players don't also have a " defeat is inevitable " mentality or we are sunk.

Reactions: RHB
Ahhh right, I see what you mean but the Ireland problem comes up for me too.
Had to decide between paying for Sky or BT, extortionate to pay for both.
feeling I may swap over at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back