• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Grimsby Town v Southend United, Friday 19th November, 1945KO, NL (Live on BT Sport)

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 55 75.3%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 26 35.6%
  • John White

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Kacper Łopata

• Shaun Hobson

Votes: 53 72.6%
  • Nathan Ralph

• Tom Clifford

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 35 47.9%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 36 49.3%
  • Zak Brunt

• Matt Dennis

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 42 57.5%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 51 69.9%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Win

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 42 57.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not feeling positive about this game but then again I haven't felt positive about a game in years. I truly hope we can get a result, I'd take a draw right now but I fear it will be a 4 nil loss sadly.

I have got BT Sports through my Sky Sports package....

Well chuffed to watch my team on a Friday night TV , even if we are going to get hammered ...lol

Last edited:
I'm going for a cheeky 1-0 win for Southend snatching the winning goal in the last 5 minutes with a brave header from John White following a defensive masterclass from Southend.
Yours for a mere 600/1 on Skybet !

Having now tried to access my one day sports pass it only shows Sky Sport channels which confirms the Ireland theory I think, and I've burnt a tenner for no good reason. Bollocks and apologies if anyone else has followed that route.

Anyone know if they generally have NL games in the replay or catch up section? I only have BT sport on phone so can’t record and am out tonight so was hoping to watch later.

Interesting this:

“When you get older football changes.

“It’s not like it is when you’re younger when you just go out and play with a smile on your face'.

Apart from the missing comma, I wonder whether Mr H is referring to the likes of White and Demi, maybe even Dunne?

Two of the three carry a lot of baggage from the previous three seasons.
They got torn a new one against Woking, and it must be hard to take.
It seems one minute they're saving Southend's League One bacon against Sunderland; the next(ish) they're overrun by a mid-table team who have no pretensions of league grandeur.

As for the rest, about 'enjoying football'? Good luck with that, Shaunie.
I would suggest your development went out of the window when you joined Blues.
They should go and work on minimum wage in a factory for a week that should help them "enjoy football" again

Last edited:
Having now tried to access my one day sports pass it only shows Sky Sport channels which confirms the Ireland theory I think, and I've burnt a tenner for no good reason. Bollocks and apologies if anyone else has followed that route.

Nearly finished making up the effigy as I type, Just need to find the 6 inch nails and sledgehammer now.

I can see I'm going to have to do my annual sticking up for Grimsby post... I worked in a college there for two years. Okay, so you'd walk into a classroom only to find that the screen projector had been ripped out of the ceiling and spirited away, but it was very civilised otherwise. It's got its rough bits but there are some very nice areas too. As for the fish and chips...

I still expect we'll get our traditional good hiding, though.

Apparently we are in for some very interesting team news and a team that no one would be able to predict.

If there are people with money wanting to invest in that god awful place then there's hope for us yet.
There is a lot of industry in the area and a lot of large engineering projects happening planned for the area, as poor as the area is in the town itself there are some very flush people around the town

Thank you for the insight.

4 pages of "we are going to get spanked" and a few TV questions yet not a single team selection?
I hope KM and co have more ideas.

And I hope the players don't also have a " defeat is inevitable " mentality or we are sunk.
Oh I’m only having a laugh darling. Lighten up for crying out loud

Bridge, Phillips and Dalby out.

Ferguson, Atkinson (WTF), and Walsh in.

Ralph and Ogogo injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back