• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ground Change

tommytwoholes

I do remember getting the little brochure many moons ago,but do we know if the original plans ie the picture we got are still the same???

I hope that they are as i have to say thay were pretty impressive. I think the capacity was about 16,000 which seems about right. Wasn't there talk of part of the ground being standing? And if we do get the nod when are we likely to move into this new home???

Exciting times for a change!!

Come on blues
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BENFLEET BLUE! @ April 30 2004,15:55)]Standing terrace?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
 Happy days!
As much as I would want that I would have to say it is a backward step. As far as I remember, you need to be all-seater for the top two divisions and whilst we are buliding a new stadium it would make sense to put the seats in. After all, it would be cheaper to do the job all in one go that leave terraces and put seats in at a later date.

Not only that, but if we put seats in we it be able to be used for other revenue earning ventures. Female and youth internationals spring to mind.....

Don't talk out of your arse! Football grounds should be all seater and nobody should ever stand up. Also, supporters should sing songs in a nice, muted fashion just in case other fans are unhappy about what they are saying.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 30 2004,16:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Surrey Blue @ April 30 2004,16:26)]Theres an interesting Article in the Football Supporters Newsletter thing about a new design which is like a glorified bar stall but would enable you to Stand/Sit on the same terrace

Football Supporters Newsletter
who are those ugly to**ers on page 10?
If you look it says who they are Southend Utd fans Lee Morgan and Paul Napper.
Did you not see this?
Why ask?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ April 30 2004,22:42)]i WANT THE SEATS REAL MADRID HAVE THE LEATHER HEATED ONES!
So become a Real Madrid director then ...

WS

PS - No need to shout, boyo ...

Back