• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Greatest Southend Moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SUFCStu

President
Final group stage until the group 1 is finshed to avoid spamming the forum with threads... Some tough ones in this group.

BILLERICAY BLUE - Crownys goal v Wigan
Manor15 - Opening day 1-0 win against Stoke in the championship season.
Barnablue - The 6-1 away victory at Bournemouth in 68/9 in the old league cup.
Cockles,Shrimps&Whiteweed - The 4-0 mauling of Newcastle in 1992.

Have to vote for that great win at Bournemouth as I nominated it and was at the game.Still think of it as the finest performance by a Blues team that I've ever seen.Still rankles that I missed the Newcastle home game as I had to come back here to do a course.Saw the match before(whatever that was) and even went to Newcastle away that season.

As per the first group i was at 3 of these matches, and as per the first group it was the biggest victory i missed (not being born is my rather flimsy excuse)

Really torn here, THAT goal from Crown remains my favourite ever .. goals from both subs Ling and McDonagh (the first instance of 2 subs scoring in the same game dontcha know) had dragged us level after Wigan had taken a 2 goal lead just after the interval and as the game moved into the final couple of minutes came the moment that will live with me forever .. he picked up the ball just inside their half over towards the dugouts and went on a mazy diagonal run towards the North Bank, waltzing past 2 or 3 challenges before letting rip from fully 30 yards, the keeper never sniffed it though if he had got in the way he would either have been knocked sparko or taken into the net such was the ferocity of the shot

Can one goal eclipse being top of (modern equivalent) the Championship though, albeit just for 3 hours

undecided.com

I'll vote for Crowny's goal against Wigan if someone puts the footage up on the internet. I've pleaded a number of times for this to be done but no response yet from you *******. Someone must have the video and someone must have the means of converting it from VHS to the computer. Get it done.

Oh and if beating Newcastle 4-0 isn't up there as well, that needs to be done as well.

Have to vote for that great win at Bournemouth as I nominated it and was at the game.Still think of it as the finest performance by a Blues team that I've ever seen.Still rankles that I missed the Newcastle home game as I had to come back here to do a course.Saw the match before(whatever that was) and even went to Newcastle away that season.

Have to agree with you old boy - the Bournemouth result was so unexpected and surreal - standing on the terrace behind the goal was like a dream:cricko:

Back