• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Can I ask what's going on regarding the current situation with the club and stadium and what if indeed who is working with the club??

The trust seem more toothless then ever.

We may aswell be sleep walking.
I await the what good it do quotes etc...

BITE BACK FOR CHRIST SAKE

All I ever hear about is helping this bloody charity well what about the football club?!?!?!

ANSWERS somebody come on HERE and answer

Let's debate it and have it out as the trust you should be leading the line on this.

Anybody else agree??

When the Trust elections come up, look forward to you being on there and giving us updates

Oh hold on you were a Trust member...

When the Trust elections come up, look forward to you being on there and giving us updates

Oh hold on you were a Trust member...

I was on the committee for a good few years!!

I was tricked and shuffled out the back door as I intended to re-stand for election but did not see the email got no reminder and they neglected to remind me and assumed wrongly I did not wish to stand again! All very underhanded.

I never did follow the trust line with most things that did not go down well.

It's assumed that trust must cuddle up to the club and that's the solution well in my opinion that's only worked to a point.

I doubt other clubs would put up with all this crap.

Would I stand again? Hell yeah! Would they have me? No chance!

SUISA could have been something but that fizzled out

I'm with Scott on this. The way the club is run so cloak and dagger stinks.

I can't imagine running a lower league is easy, but I just wish Ronald was open. Even if the news was horrifically bleak, in my eyes I would have a lot more respect for the chairman as a person. It would also enable us the fans to get our heads together and possibly help.

The clue is in the name.

Southend UNITED, and at this point the club is anything but.

I'm sure you have already offered your opinion up to the Trust on their website or on Facebook. What was their answer? I don't disagree with what you are asking by the way, I'm just a bit confused why you are asking through an independent fans message board rather than direct to the Trust.

I love the bit about The Trust "A vital cog in communication which means that Southend supporters are canvassed for their opinions before important decisions are made...

It's definitely all a bit toothless and ineffectual. The communication line between club and fans is non-existent, as is the club hierarchy's respect for the people who pay to watch the team every week. It's all a big mess and a concerted effort by a group of like-minded people to get answers and to keep the pressure on instead of shrugging shoulders and saying "oh well" when the club doesn't play ball is needed.

Why does this issue get really bought up when it goes bad on the pitch? The football clubs debt has increased every year and the stadium to save us has got no closer.

What do people expect the trust to actually have the power to do?

Ron doesnt inclued the CEO of the club in the stadium project, he isnt going to fill the trust in.

It would be nice to know whats going on with the Stadium but I think we all know the answer is probably that nothing is.

Why does this issue get really bought up when it goes bad on the pitch? The football clubs debt has increased every year and the stadium to save us has got no closer.

Yeah I did think that was a coincidence.

Bit of a dumb question, but has anyone made contact with Ron and asked for a meeting to discuss the future of the Club / Stadium - and even what can the likes of us do to help.

I presume the answer is yes and he refused, but if you keep knocking on the door at some stage it will open.... Or fall off it's hinges...

The only stadium updates we get are when Ron has new plans. It then all then goes quiet for ages. The next thing we know is there are some more new plans then nothing again.
The biggest fanfare for ages was the exhibition thing last year, but even those plans were only valid for a couple of months so the exhibition was a waste of time.
I dread to think how long it would actually take to get planning permission granted, based on the last scoping plan.

Bit of a dumb question, but has anyone made contact with Ron and asked for a meeting to discuss the future of the Club / Stadium - and even what can the likes of us do to help.

I presume the answer is yes and he refused, but if you keep knocking on the door at some stage it will open.... Or fall off it's hinges...

Maybe someone should smash his back door in.....trueblue?

I was on the committee for a good few years!!

I was tricked and shuffled out the back door as I intended to re-stand for election but did not see the email got no reminder and they neglected to remind me and assumed wrongly I did not wish to stand again! All very underhanded.

I never did follow the trust line with most things that did not go down well.

It's assumed that trust must cuddle up to the club and that's the solution well in my opinion that's only worked to a point.

I doubt other clubs would put up with all this crap.

Would I stand again? Hell yeah! Would they have me? No chance!

SUISA could have been something but that fizzled out

Easy answer to this if you felt SUISA was the alternative ,then re- form it your self, gather the troops and go marching onto Ronnies door

Or as suggested email Ron or wait for him after a match to make contact and discuss the problems. Like an aftermatch football manager, perhaps he will share a bottle of wine with you?

UTS

Don't get me wrong I am in no way questioning anybody involved everybody has the clubs interests at heart, but I don't think we are getting anywhere with the current approach.

It would be nice to see some debate from the trust on this thread, let's engage let's build consensus

I think Scott has a point.
The FF project has dragged on..and on...oh and on. Surely the football club has an alternative plan - or some tangible basis that on which complete lack of progress will come to an end?
Not sure what "The Trust" actually does but (if I am wrong I apologise) it gives the impression of lots of very decent people with good intentions - being fobbed off and pacified.

This has been done to death. The only person that knows what's going on is Ron Martin, and he's not telling anybody, even members of his own staff. Even if the Shrimpers Trust had more bite, he wouldn't tell them anything but a fob off answer. I stopped him in the High Street a few years back and asked him what the latest was on the new stadium, he said he can't disclose anything yet, but things are progressing nicely. So a fob off answer. That's all anyone will get.

I think we should all arrange a protest whereby we stand outside and demand for Ron to come out and give us answers. Then when he comes out, we all scream abuse at him so he goes back in again. I thought that worked well. :smile::smile:

In all seriousness I think if we are able to confirm the rumour that British Land have indeed pulled out of the stadium development, it will lend some gravitas to our position, which currently is we think we're in trouble but we're not entirely sure - a claim easily revoked by a man who holds all the cards and is a clever PR operator.

If it's confirmed BL have pulled out, the Echo and wider press may show an interest and a bit more scrutiny into Ron's financial affairs, which are a massive car crash from the available information, may gain traction.

So why can't we disrupt games?? Why can't we have the power to make life more difficult?

What's the plan trust???

And what's the contingency plan trust?

Disrupt games? Maybe if we get concrete information that we're in the ****, as per my post above. Unfortunately there are a tiny percentage of Southend fans that have fully grasped the seriousness of our current position, most people are content to hope for the best, bury their head in the sand and concentrate on the playing side.

Disrupting games is only an option when the majority of our fan base is rallying against the chairman. Otherwise, anyone who tries it is going to get short shrift from the crowd.

We're nowhere near a situation like Blackpool where all the fans are against the chairman.

I should add that I agree Ron is getting an easy ride from us at the moment. I don't agree with disrupting games but some kind of visual protest about the lack of new stadium could be an option? Whether it will do much is another matter, but nothing to lose.

Back