• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Grown men on water flumes?

Flumes

• Im with you....A bit sad if your an adult

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Live and let live - If they enjoy it so what

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • I cant swim so I cant comment.

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Due to the fact we havent had a home saturday for a few weeks I have got into the really nice habit of taking my daughter who is nearly three swimming on a saturday. It gives the Mrs a break (All be it she has my son) and I love it.

We got to our local leisure centre and it has all the usual stuff you expect nowdays such as river rapids, a hot pool and my daughters favourite the flumes.

The past two weeks I have been amazed by how many adults go on the flumes alone. I am not kidding when I say that it must be one of the slowest flumes ever, its almsot walking pace, there are no real dips as such. Its ideal for me with a three year old but really its not worth the effort as a grown man.

Does anyone else think its a bit sad for grown men to be going on crappy flumes on their own? I have no issues with the wet and wild Florida type flumes etc but the local crap ones you get on your own....I think its a bit sad and it really slows up the queues for the kids.

thoughts zoners???

Not at all Dave, Our last holiday we had a flume on the ship and I went on it several times as well as rock climbing in the middle of the sea, at least you had the excuse you were taking your daughter

If you schjuzz it up with a bit of amyl and a couple of Kestrel supers you will never look back.

I'd love to be mature enough to agree with you, as logically i know its correct. however my scar on my wrist from trying to do a 360 spin a few years ago (the joints of the tubes aren't as smooth as at the bottom) says otherwise.

Which swimming pool has the best flumes in Essex?

There's a good waterpark swimming pool at Hemel Hempsted, which is a bit of a trek. Otherwise probably Colchester Leisure World or Blackwater Swimming Pool in Maldon. I always though Southend could do with a decent waterpark, perhaps by the pier like Sandcastles in Blackpool

Although assigned to the history books, and also being in Kent as well, no flumes will ever be as good as Fantaseas's in Dartford. Can't believe I was only 5 when it closed. I can still remember it well.

There's a good waterpark swimming pool at Hemel Hempsted, which is a bit of a trek.

Not if you're moving there in the very near future. Get the get in!

Anyone else here go to Parque Aquatico mijas (near Funegirola on the Costa del Sol) on family holidays when they were younger? Aqualand on the Algarve is the nuts as well.

Wet and Wild is great if you are ever out in Florida, although I did hear they opened one near Newcastle? (surely not the same people)

Seriously the joints in water flumes need to be looked at!! These little *&^*&*(*^ are really a pain in the (*^*&%^% ... The amounts of cuts and scrapes I have had over the years due to these!

I like waterslides, but not rollercoasters so much... i think its a control thing!

[video]http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=223982775380&comments&set=t.576082819&type=1[/video]

Wet n' Wild in Poole has a terrifying flume called the Screamer. And I screamed liked a girl after being bullied my an 8 year old kid to go in it after I saw the initial drop from the top of the flume.

The water park in Poole is called Splashdown now (I assume it's the same place), I went last summer. I went down Screamer and I was the first in my group of mates to go down it, not knowing what to expect. I was relieved I went first - I disappeared out of view so quickly I imagine I may have chicken out if I saw somebody else go before me! It's a really steep drop there.

The water park in Poole is called Splashdown now (I assume it's the same place), I went last summer. I went down Screamer and I was the first in my group of mates to go down it, not knowing what to expect. I was relieved I went first - I disappeared out of view so quickly I imagine I may have chicken out if I saw somebody else go before me! It's a really steep drop there.

Splashdown - that's the one! I'm glad I'm not the only one that nearly wimped out.

Haha I've been on that flume too, quality!

Worst one is a flume in Dundee, it's got a 3m drop at the end!!!

Dundee.jpg

Thats nothing compared to the one in orlando. It was a straight vertical drop and you had to push yourself down it. Just the thought of doing it again makes me **** myslelf

That one is in wet and wild I think...and No I did not go on it! I went to the top and it looked like you went back on yourself before you dropped...:Scared2:

Back