• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guess the CORVID 19 total shutdown date for the UK

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
Just what it says on the tin. When do you think Boris will put the country into total shutdown and how long do you think it will last?

Monday 23rd for 3 months, China kept Wuhan in lockdown for 2 months but we aren't going to take extreme measures like welding the doors of infected people shut so I expect quarantine would take a lot longer to be effective here.

I think the government have been "drip feeding" the great British public but now is the time to stop messing about and introduce a "Lock down" I am not a negative person but this is going to get bad so let all bite the bullet sooner than later........Stay safe everyone.

I think the government have been "drip feeding" the great British public but now is the time to stop messing about and introduce a "Lock down" I am not a negative person but this is going to get bad so let all bite the bullet sooner than later........Stay safe everyone.
So when's it going to be @euroshrimper, and how long?

Monday 23rd March for 4weeks is my guess, sorry I must of got carried away with saying "my bit"........

Reactions: RHB
Of course it depends on precisely what we mean by lockdown. Given how timid the Gov has been re shutting pubs, restaurants etc., which even now they haven't done, it indicates to me that there will be a growing partial lockdown, and dependent on the extent of measures to support businesses and workers the nature and period of that lock down will be shorter or longer.

It does seem to me that the gov is perhaps more sensitive than some others about the cost of all this- maybe because they have another potentially very costly exercise at year end.

Of course much will depend on how the number of cases develops- the hand may be forced whatever the current plan.

Of course it depends on precisely what we mean by lockdown. Given how timid the Gov has been re shutting pubs, restaurants etc., which even now they haven't done, it indicates to me that there will be a growing partial lockdown, and dependent on the extent of measures to support businesses and workers the nature and period of that lock down will be shorter or longer.

It does seem to me that the gov is perhaps more sensitive than some others about the cost of all this- maybe because they have another potentially very costly exercise at year end.

Of course much will depend on how the number of cases develops- the hand may be forced whatever the current plan.
Ok, let's see whether we can coax a definitive out of you @kentblues . Take it to mean that individual choice no longer comes into it and all but essentials are shut down by the Gov't.:Smile2:

Probably trying to let mothers day still go ahead ,although it won't be anything like normal.Then Monday start it,depending on the severity of new cases.Think they're holding back the total loc down to try and coincide with what they think will be the peak weeks.

Mind you in the mindset of the FA and Premier league we'll be playing football by then.

Ok, let's see whether we can coax a definitive out of you @kentblues . Take it to mean that individual choice no longer comes into it and all but essentials are shut down by the Gov't.:Smile2:

Ok that puts me on the spot. My guess is around 1st April. mainly due to NHS coming under intense pressure earlier than anticipated and the need to slow cases to get ventilators and other much needed items in place. But I hope I am wrong- no-one will be more pleased than me if its not needed. BTW I think it will be phased- London, cities may never get country wide- as I have to give an answer April 1

Reactions: RHB
It should be asap as there is still too much social contact going on. I think it will be for a couple of weeks (a la France and Spain) but will be renewed for further 2 weeks at a time. Whether it will be as stringent (and bureaucratic) as France, I'm not sure, but without extreme measures taken at the right time we will see resolution anytime soon.

It should be from tomorrow. Too many people not listening to advice and doing what they want anyway - the 'I don't care if I get it, it's just like flu' brigade. If pubs/restaurants/gyms are left open longer it's going to put massive pressure on the NHS in a couple of week's time. People aren't getting it.

23rd for 3 weeks, except there will be loads of people exempt and lots of others will ignore it leading to tthis still being an issue come november.

Trust me - people need to be very wary of this virus as some of the information I have seen suggests that it can be just a severe in young healthy people and the moment it became real to me (and I am a health worker) is when it became known that some paramedics, Drs, Nurses and other associated healthcare staff became infected despite some wearing protective garments.
We need to be serious here and I cannot emphasis enough the importance of handwashing (and I mean proper hand washing) and of touching your face but, FWIW I suspect we may have to go to lock down with London being first by 26th March

Trust me - people need to be very wary of this virus as some of the information I have seen suggests that it can be just a severe in young healthy people and the moment it became real to me (and I am a health worker) is when it became known that some paramedics, Drs, Nurses and other associated healthcare staff became infected despite some wearing protective garments.
We need to be serious here and I cannot emphasis enough the importance of handwashing (and I mean proper hand washing) and of touching your face but, FWIW I suspect we may have to go to lock down with London being first by 26th March
Before.

It's apparently affected people from late 40's onward in Italy because they've been left untreated (no beds in ICU). Not sure what the exact stats are or whether they had underlying health issues.

Do a lot of people in the Med still smoke? When I've been there I'm always noticed that a lot of people still puff and haven't seen the crackdown on it like we have.

Before we start scaremongering, let's now forget that the vast majority of people that get Covid19 get better. It's far from a death sentence, though if you're unlucky to get Corvid19 you're instantly mutated in a sheep loving inbred Col Ewe fan with no winky.

Do a lot of people in the Med still smoke? When I've been there I'm always noticed that a lot of people still puff and haven't seen the crackdown on it like we have.

Before we start scaremongering, let's now forget that the vast majority of people that get Covid19 get better. It's far from a death sentence, though if you're unlucky to get Corvid19 you're instantly mutated in a sheep loving inbred Col Ewe fan with no winky.

Paul, from my experience and I used to work in secondary care before I moved into Primary Care I have noted there has been a significant decline in smokers amount my colleagues.

Back