• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guess The Price

If they reduced the price of a season ticket to £300 for next season I would buy one even tho I’d more than likely only get to 10 home games, that’s a reasonable price for a ex season ticket holder to come back I think:Thumbs up:

The "face" price will stay the same; however there will be a larger "early bird" reduction (+ 3 free guest tickets), a gratis home Trophy entry ticket, another lapel badge and a car sticker.

Not used any of our freebies this season, unsurprisingly, none of our friends or family are that bothered!

Personally I think the club would loose money.
The non season ticket holders who are likely to buy are ones that come to a lot of matches anyway. And would we sell another 30% just to break even- remembering the extra sales will be offset by fewer buying on a match day

Over the last few years, we have seen a couple of clubs try this method (albeit more drastically) in Bradford and Hartlepool. Neither has progressed as a club since introducing cheap tickets.

Bradford's budget is dwindling year on year as they lose a few ST holders every year. Their crowds are slowly dropping and while still at a healthy level, they only bring in the income of a club with half their crowds. The extra bar and food takings etc are mostly swallowed up by extra stewarding costs, costs of opening extra stands, maintenance etc etc

Hartlepool nearly went out of business because of the lack of week to week income. They made tickets so cheap that even a casual fan going to 7 games a season would be better off becoming a season ticket holder. Trouble was, unlike Bradford, they didnt have huge extra capacity at their ground to fill, and you cant sell tickets twice. They also didnt have residual fanbase like Bradford knew they had from their time in the Premier League. In the end, people stopped going any more often than they did before the offer and so the match day income dried up. They're now a mid table conference side.

People also assume that if you reduce prices by 30%, 30% more people will come along and that is rarely the case.

The other thing with these sort of ideas is that once it has been done, its incredibly difficult to reverse as people suddenly think they're being ripped off when it has to go back up to a more normal level.

Season tickets, for me, have to represent value for money.

Put the quality of the football to one side, because at the end of the day, the majority of us would watch Southend, regardless of what league they’re in.

I’d assume the prices will stay the same, if not a minor reduction. How much does a season ticket work out per match at the moment? About £17-£18?

It’s £22 (in advance) otherwise.

I’m no mathemagician, but based on that, you’re getting around 4-5 games free, with a season ticket.

So, if you’re sure you’ll make most games, or at least intend to make most games, then it’s seems to be worthwhile.

"So, if you’re sure you’ll make most games, or at least intend to make most games, then it’s seems to be worthwhile."

Emphasis on "if" which for many is unlikely.

"So, if you’re sure you’ll make most games, or at least intend to make most games, then it’s seems to be worthwhile."

Emphasis on "if" which for many is unlikely.

Quite.

Sadly, I know I won’t make most games, so for me it’s not value for money.

If I intended to make most games, I would swallow the cost though, as it’ll still save me money (despite the overall feeling that £17-£18 for a match ticket to watch Lg2, is a bit of a liberty)

I usually pay £18 to sit in the family stand and £4 for my son which I don’t think is too bad, comparable to a trip to the cinema or a meal at Pizza Express or somewhere. I can never guarantee attendance at all games so don’t find a season card worthwhile.

Not reducing the price would be just a slap in the face to the fans. Shoupd be £350 tops. Expecting £390

One of the few money earning things that the club have got right is the S/T price for seniors. I pay £250 for the privilege (£500 including Mrs RHB) which gives me home league games for £10.86 per game. On that basis I'd be happy if Ron keeps it at that price, and it's for 60 upwards unlike a lot of clubs which start at 65 for seniors. That said the full price is way too high and should be reduced if we are relegated (optimist mode).

Season tickets, for me, have to represent value for money.

I’m no mathemagician, but based on that, you’re getting around 4-5 games free, with a season ticket.

So, if you’re sure you’ll make most games, or at least intend to make most games, then it’s seems to be worthwhile.

Fabulous word @GBJ. Using magic to do sums, impressive.

Not used any of our freebies this season, unsurprisingly, none of our friends or family are that bothered!
Tried to give away the freebie tickets too ,and for the first time ever no one interested....Really does show the damage this season has done to our standing in the area .At present no sign of a recovery ,but more upheaval and cost cutting . Next season selling the League 2 dream ticket will be even harder due to the general malaise at the club.

Unless there a complete squad change and the rubbish is cleared out then paying tuppence is still a liberty.

£350 max for L2 football.

Unless there a complete squad change and the rubbish is cleared out then paying tuppence is still a liberty.

£350 max for L2 football.

Even £350 is pushing it. I’d happily pay £300 and would bring two others with me.

Me and my son are West Stand STH's and have attended approx30% of home games...

Based upon us living "in exile", we tend to do far more away games (60%), rather than endure A3, M25...sigh, A13 crap generally, and the Arterial on a fortnightly basis.

£300 would represent value for money IMO, although I don't think Ron would go that low

Weird thread.

Just when you think we have reached the plateau of threads for people to moan on has been reached, this gem turns up.

I hope he puts the cost up.

Back