• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
O.K. Let's see who can get the team spot on to start the game v Blackburn. I'm taking you all on. Who wants it?
My prediction is:
OXLEY
DEMETRIOU WHITE FERDINAND HENDRIE
McGLASHAN LENNY TIMLIN KIGHTLY
COX FORTUNE​

Why is this different from the pre-match thread TSNB? Not a dig, genuinely interested.

Why is this different from the pre-match thread TSNB? Not a dig, genuinely interested.

Because the pre match thread is not just about the team to start. It's pages of all sorts about the game. In this I am challenging all to take me on at picking the team to start. I have thought long and hard and fancy I have got the starting eleven spot on, the team that Phil Brown will pick, not who I would pick. Come on Rootshallbloke, you want some? Lol. (It's just a bit of fun)

Oxley,
Demetriou, Ferdinand, Kiernan, Hendrie,
Kightly, Leonard, Yearwood, Timlin,
Cox, Fortune

Oxley,
Demetriou, Ferdinand, Kiernan, Hendrie
Kightly, Leonard, Yearwood, McLaughlin
Cox, Fortune

Oxley,
Demetriou, Ferdinand, White, Hendrie,
Kightly, Leonard, Timlin, McLaughlin,
Cox, Fortune

Bench: Ba, Smith, Robinson, McGlashan, Kiernan

No way would I put white in front of Kiernan, we do still need a little pace in the centre as white will get caught flat footed along Ferdinand, Ferdinand to boss it at the back with Kiernan along side is a good combination for me:thumbsup:

Oxley,
Demetriou, Ferdinand, White, Hendrie,
Cox, Fortune

Bench: Ba, Smith, Robinson, McGlashan, Kiernan
I predict with total confidence that we will have 7 subs.

Oxley,
Demetriou, Ferdinand, Kiernan, Hendrie,
Cox, Fortune

Bench: Ba, Smith, Robinson, McGlashan, White, Yearwood, Klass

.........though I personally would pick Yearwood ahead of Timlin

No way would I put white in front of Kiernan, we do still need a little pace in the centre as white will get caught flat footed along Ferdinand, Ferdinand to boss it at the back with Kiernan along side is a good combination for me:thumbsup:

That will happen as soon as Kiernan is fitter. I would never pick White over Kiernan as a centre back. I just think that PB will think it's a game to early for Kiernan, and he will start with White, and then bring on Kiernan sometime in the second half.

Oxley
Demetriou White Ferdinand Hendrie
Kightly Leonard Yearwood McLaughlin
Cox Fortune

Subs Timlin for Yearwood 65 mins
McGlashan for Kightly 70 mins
Robinson for Fortune 75 mins

Back