• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
So, who's up for the challenge? What is the team that Phil Brown will pick v Rochdale. This will probably be the hardest to predict all season. Top marks to anyone that gets it bang on, or even one away.
My guess is:
OXLEY
ELVIS LENNY KYPRIANOU HENDRIE
McGLASHAN TIMLIN KIGHTLY McLAUGHLIN
COX FORTUNE​

Oxley
Elvis White Ferdinand Hendrie
McGlashan Leonard Timlin Kightly
Cox Fortune

Subs Yearwood, Smith, Klass, Bridge, McLaughlin, Robinson, Kyprianou

OXLEY
ELVIS KYPRIANOU WHITE HENDRIE
McGLASHAN TIMLIN LENNY KIGHTLY
COX FORTUNE

subs
SMITH
MATZUAKA
YEARWOOD
McLAUGHLIN
ROBINSON
KLASS
BRIDGE

The fact Brown did not bring in, or even it seems by the lack of rumours around, attempt to bring in a centre back may mean the injuries to Anton and John White, may not be as severe as first thought.

There's also been many a time when Browny has talked up an injury issue around a player only to name him in the team. On the other hand, he tends not to say anything when a player who everyone assumes is fit is actually injured.

So with uncharacteristic optimism I reckon both will play.

OXLEY
BWONOMO FERDINAND WHITE HENDRIE

KIGHTLY LEONARD TIMLIN MCGLASHAN

COX FORTUNE

Subs, McLaughlin, Bridge (who may as well not be named on the bench seeing as he never comes on) Kyprianou, Yearwood, T Smith, Klass, Robinson.

I predict this...

Oxley

Blue Suede Shoes / White / Hendrie / Timlin
McGlashan / Lenny / Yearwood / Kightly
Cox / MAF

Subs Smith, Kyprianou, Matsuzaka, Bridge, McLaughlin, Robinson, Ranger

I am going for

Oxley
Bwonomo White Ferdinand Hendrie
Mc Glashen Leonard Timlin Mc Laughlin
Kightly
Fortune

Subs T Smith. Kyprianou, Matusuzka, Cox. Yearwood. Robinson. Ranger.

Oxley

Elvis Ferdinand Hendrie Timlin

McGlashan Leonard Kightly McLaughlin

MAF Cox

I'm going with:

Oxley

Elvis Kypryanou Hendrie Timlin

McGlashan Leonard Yearwood Kightly

Cox MAF

Subs: Smith Matusuzka Robinson Ranger McLaughlin Klass Ranger/Ba

"I'm going with..."

Oxley

Elvis Kypryanou Hendrie Timlin

McGlashan Leonard Yearwood Kightly

Cox MAF

Subs: Smith Matusuzka Robinson Ranger McLaughlin Klass Ranger/Ba

I'm blooming glad I'm not!

Not many guesses so far. I don't blame anyone tho, it will be a miracle if you get this right. I personally think that Lenny will be in defence, but Timlin won't. If Lenny is at the back, then Kightly will have a proper midfield role. I fear for us in the air at the back, let's hope Rochdale don't have too many corners and free kicks. Anyway, we shall see, I think we are going to be surprised by the back four line up.

If any of us get this right, it must be an omen to do the lottery next, whenever it is... Assuming all that are injured are ruled out:

Oxley
Bwonomo Leonard Kyprianou Hendrie
McGlashan Yearwood Timlin McLaughlin
Kightly
Fortune​

As this is Phil brown making the selection of go white/kiernan/Ferdinand/hendrie

If any of us get this right, it must be an omen to do the lottery next, whenever it is... Assuming all that are injured are ruled out:

Oxley
Bwonomo Leonard Kyprianou Hendrie
McGlashan Yearwood Timlin McLaughlin
Kightly
Fortune​

Just looking at the defence, to permutate a back four from the eight names mentioned, gives 70 combinations. So your point about the lottery seems quite valid!

Back