• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guess when the new manager will be appointed

On what date will Ron announce the new manager?

• Thursday 30th July

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Friday 31st July

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • Saturday 1st August

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Sunday 2nd August

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Monday 3rd August

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • Tuesday 4th August

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Wednesday 5th August

Votes: 13 6.8%
  • In over a week's time (but less than a month)

Votes: 69 35.9%
  • Sometime in September

Votes: 24 12.5%
  • Longer than that

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Bart

Votes: 12 6.3%

• Total voters
I can’t see it being announced this week.

Even if it’s close to being sorted, when you have 2/3 bits of good news you don’t release it all at the same time! Marketing ploys will dictate that it’s drip fed in, in an effort to prolong the feel good ripple effect
There's an argument for that of course but I believe you're also crediting SUFC with an experienced PR department executing a campaign. As things stand, the ongoing delays are costing us way more in PR than a throttled release of good news. I think the announcement would also boost kit sales so for me, any delays would just be counter-productive.

Get it done tomorrow Ronald! 31st July at 2.07pm.

Easily the worst kit in our history.

Second worst after the double relegation custard splat kit.

Yes, that's true, quite a contrast to the speed of the Tilson to Sturrock and then Sturrock to Brown changes which it appeared Ron had in place in advance, they worked out a lot better than the recent ones too.

If it turns out to be Currie then I'd suggest that this was a move that Ron had in place in advance.

His best appointment was Tilly and he took ages to actually confirm him.

I think it will be August, just because of the change of month and something to do with the amount he'll have to pay re: furlough (if Fagan) or in compensation if Currie or, as seems less likely now, Maher. Given that it would be an unusual thing to announce on a weekend, I reckon it will be Monday with players asked to report from pre-season training on Tuesday

Ron is taking the absolute **** now. It’s like he’s learnt absolutely nothing from the whole Campbell fiasco. Can’t help but feel the club and players would be in a far better position if we’d just have hired Fagan a couple of weeks ago.

Ron is taking the absolute **** now. It’s like he’s learnt absolutely nothing from the whole Campbell fiasco. Can’t help but feel the club and players would be in a far better position if we’d just have hired Fagan a couple of weeks ago.
Better than rushing into picking someone like Steve Ball like our Sheeps neighbour did!

A month yesterday since Sol left.

It’s worse than that. Ron made his mind up about relieving Sol of his duties, long before that.

As usual, absolutely everything to do with this club, is done at a nonchalant and relaxed pace.

I might need to revise my prediction of Monday, given that the trials of letting crowds back into sports grounds has been delayed along with an upswing in infections will probably lead to a delay in the league restarting so Ron may take a bit longer

Back