• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guitarist Gary Moore found dead

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
Gary Moore has been found dead in a hotel room in Spain whilst on holiday. Heart attack, aged 58.
We all have our favourites I know but to me, the man was incomparable. Naturally left handed but played right, his career encompassed Skid Row, Gary Moore Band, Thin Lizzy, G-Force, Colosseum II as well as a solo career. The King is dead. Long Live The King!

You would normally expect one of the old boys to croak but Gary Moore wasn't on my list. Fantasic guitarist, sadly missed.

According to the news this morning he went much the same way as Keith Moon, choked on his own vomit.

Another of the greats gone.

RIP

Liked a bit of Lizzy but his solo blues stuff was not my bag at all. RIP, 58 is no age.

One of my faves - seen him a few times - biggest memory is coming away from the Bishopstock Festival with my ears ringing after another blistering performance in the open air ! GM was very noisy that day even by his standards. RIP

Saw him when he helped the band (Lizzy) out in '77 after Brian Robertson injured his hand in a fight at the Speakeasy. His playing on 'Still In Love With You' was a bit tasty.

Remember a story he told about his friendship with Phil Lynott in the early days. Philo would come up to Belfast from Dublin and beg not to sleep on the sofa in his family's lounge as Gary's dad would keep him up all night when he came back from the pub p!ssed.

RIP.

Back