• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gutteridge signs - Official

Are the club showing some sort of future vision. A 3 year deal!! What has happened to the club - Instead of the whole squad having to sign another year deal we actually already have core squad for next season.

Still no news on the official site though...
What's going on, Scriv?!?

If this is true, I think it's a disgrace that the club are paying money for players. I also feel that players should be signed on 6 month contracts.

mad.gif

I always thought we'd sign a couple of players before the deadline but I reckoned they would be short-term squad players.
This signing shows the club are serious with their ambitions. Hopefully it will be the boost that is needed to give us that final push for an automatic spot!

Get in there ! !

Is Gutteridge available for the LDV Vans Trophy final?

And the Official site also states that Tilly might be getting another player in before the transfer deadline of next Thursday..... a striker anyone?
rock.gif
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Mar. 18 2005,10:11)]Is Gutteridge available for the LDV Vans Trophy final?
I've just checked the CUFC official site & he didn't play in either of their LDV games this season so we have to presume that he is.

Top signing SUFC & lets hope this is the boost the squad needs (plus whatever Tilly has up his sleeve for next week) to secure promotion & a Cardiff victory!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Mar. 18 2005,10:11)]Is Gutteridge available for the LDV Vans Trophy final?
Soccerbase doesn't show him playing any LDV games this season, think he was injured when they played their 2 games. So as Blewitt was looking to be involved, no reason he can't be as far as I can see.

Thank you Tilly for your vision, thank you Ron for loosening the purse strings again!! We're going up, with Tilly and Brush!!

Looking at his stats, interesting that in 46 league starts last season he scored 11 goals, which is a good return (obviously dependent on how many were penalties, if any). Unfortunately this season in 14 + 3 subs he's failed to find the net!
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Mar. 18 2005,10:11)]Get in there ! !

And the Official site also states that Tilly might be getting another player in before the transfer deadline of next Thursday.....  a striker anyone?  
rock.gif

rock.gif
Why would we sign a striker when we've just let Tes go out on loan?

If we need one we'll call him back, surely.

I think it could be a left back. Hunt is out for the season. If Jupp gets injured then we can move Che across to his favoured position of right back.

This only leaves Nicky as left back cover.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Mar. 18 2005,10:38)]If we need one we'll call him back, surely.
Not if Tes doesn't want to come back.

As Tilly said, at this stage of the season we must have a fully focused positive squad to maintain our push, we cannot have any unrest in the dressing room.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Mar. 18 2005,10:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Mar. 18 2005,10:11)]Get in there ! !

And the Official site also states that Tilly might be getting another player in before the transfer deadline of next Thursday.....  a striker anyone?  
rock.gif

rock.gif
Why would we sign a striker when we've just let Tes go out on loan?

If we need one we'll call him back, surely.

I think it could be a left back.  Hunt is out for the season.  If Jupp gets injured then we can move Che across to his favoured position of right back.

This only leaves Nicky as left back cover.
Good point about the next potential signing being a left-back - I only suggested a striker, as we are only down to three strikers (four if you count Jimmy Corbett), and a defender and two midfielders had already been signed ! !

Here is a scenario for you for a potential left-back - Wet Sham lose to Leicester tonight, Pardew gets the sack, and an ex-Southend United player decides to move on before the transfer deadline next Thursday.....  
rock.gif

rock.gif

Back